• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere and Logic 8

Omnisphere and Logic 8

Over half the time when I load Omnisphere into L8 the editor window won't open if I try to open it in Kore 2????

I Open Kore 2 and then load in the AU version of Omnishpere and the editor window won't show up. The sound plays just fine but I can't see anything. This does not happen with the VST version.

I realize that this might be a Native Instruments problem I just wanted to let you guys know and see if anybody else has had the problem.

Re: Omnisphere and Logic 8

OK, so this is worse than I thought I just tried Omnisphere in Cubase 4 inside Kore 2 as a VST and AU and the following happened...

AU won't open the editor window at all

VST - a white space opens and then nothing

Then I rebooted and tried just loading Omnisphere by itself without Kore2, just as a normal VST or AU instrument and it would not work either.

Eric, I think we got a major problem here...

Anyone else having problems? Do I have to through omnisphere in the trash and then try to reload it and re authorize it?

Evverything on my machine was working fine before I loaded Omnishpere and now this

Try reinstalling and do a custom install of just the plugin.

As for whether you should use Kore as a host for Omnisphere....just MHO, but Kore is not nearly as robust a host as Logic or Cubase.

- Glenn

It may be true that L8 or C4 are more robust, but there is still a problem with the editor not opening correctly, which it should.

I think spectrasonics needs to look at this and see if they can fix it. Kore 2 has some very nice features (Arpeggiator for example) that really add to omnisphere.

Kore 2 allows you to set up very complex routings and layers and then use them in any host without rebuilding them every time from scratch.

I'm looking for people with kore 2 to check it out and see if they are having the same problems.

Thanks for keeping the topic going. I want an answer to this.

i successfully opened Omnisphere in Kore2 several times.
    But i was usingthe standalone version of core.
    Havent tried to do that with Kore in Logic.

Go Back to forum