• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Problem with Novation SL and Midi Learn..

Share/Bookmark

Problem with Novation SL and Midi Learn..

Here's the problem..

Novation SL uses a dedicated knob or plus + minus - inc/dec for switching programs..

I have tried to map (midi learn) just like the video tutorials suggest ,but for some reason it will not pick it up?

I also have tried with my Roland A-50 this time using the cursors , I can learn it one way (up) but not down..

I'm doing exactly what the videos show... Can anyone help out?

Big thanks..
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Re: Problem with Novation SL and Midi Learn..

Using the program up/down buttons on my Remote 25 to control the browser steppers works fine here. If you can't figure it out, check with tech support and they'll help you.

- Glenn

Hi,
    I'm using the remote zero SL .. Maybe this is different.. I'll check with tech support, thanks.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

It would have made soooo much more sense to use the cpu's keyboard here guys, can this be fixed in an update? I'm so used to flying through my patches via the cpus keyboard..

Computer keyboard input to a plugin is problematic on many hosts. An important goal of Omnisphere (and all our instruments) is a consistent user experience. MIDI note, CC, or program change is a handy mouseless way to step through the browser.

- Glenn

Hi,
    I have similar problems with my Novation 49SL Compact, but not only with browser buttons, but with all buttons in Omnisphere.
    As it uses its own Automap technology, it doesn't accept Omnisphere's MIDI learn function. Instead it uses its own MIDI learn, which for some reason doesn't work with ANY Spectrasonics products. As I use mainly Stylus RMX for my beats, this is very very frustrating...
    In Stylus, the only parameters it can assign, control and change are the ones from Mixer page. In Omnisphere it appears to change some settings as well (at least on display) but for some reason it cannot name them and changes are not audible, so I haven't figured out which ones...
    I never had any problems with any other plugins from any other manufacturers so far.
    It would be great if Spectrasonics could have a look at this, there's plenty of people out there with Novation Automap controllers, who must rely on their bloody mouse to control these plugins...

Btw, I use RMX and Omnisphere under Logic Pro 8 on Intel Mac running 10.5.5, if this info helps.

hmmm, I use Stylus RMX and Omnisphere with Automap on my Remote Zero and it works just fine. I think you're maybe confusing parameter automation with MIDI Learn? Those are two completely different kinds of Novation templates. Admittedly Automap isn't the simplest thing to figure out, but Novation tech support is usually pretty helpful and I'm sure they'd be glad to help.

- Glenn

All of my other plugs work fine when I map them,what makes Omnisphere so different,and is it something easy that I'm missing here?

I mean shouldn't this be an easy thing to do? I just want to map Omni to the dedicated program change data/select knob in the center of the sl..This is how I use all of my other plugins + the - or + buttons, omni just will not respond.. Maybe someone will chime in until Novation support gets back with me.I'd love to figure out why there's a difference in this plugin and how to fix it..

Well, maybe it's me doing something wrong then...
    I have read Remote manual upside down, cause this problem worries me for some time already but still haven't figured out what can cause it. As I said it works great with all other plugins, I press Automap midi learn, move my mouse, turn the knob and that's it! But not with Stylus nor Omnisphere, so that's why I thought this might be something with Spectrasonics plugin architecture, but it seems like it is not then...
    Will try to contact Novation, will see what they come up with.
    Thanx.

Btw, Glenn, which template are you using with Omnisphere or Stylus?
    I use the default automap template 38 with all my plugins, works great.
    With Spectrasonics ones it simply doesn't work at all.

Same thing here,identical issue.

Go Back to forum