• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics/Illio event

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics/Illio event

Just got back from the Omnisphere release event at Illio in Westlake Village, CA. Eric put on a great demo of the product. Man it is a really powerful synth. Forget even the patches..just the amount of tweakability to the synth itself is huge...I am trying to remember all the stuff he told us.

Interesting was how they sampled some of the sounds...even taking piano strings and getting them on a guitar and using a violin bow on a drying rack thing that was attached to two acoustic guitars. Crazy stuff.

Live mode is extremely cool and the whole Stack deal also....phew, so much this can do.

I am not a keyboard player so I do not come from way back on analog synths etc...so I don't know the whole journey like you keyboard players do. I know enough to realize this is a huge product.

Some bugs and room for improvement in certain area's like Multi Part Clear as has been discussed, some of the more advanced users were asking stuff that was above my head in ways etc etc... but Spectrasonics seems like a great company and some of his team were there, one of his sound designer guys....great sense of humor involved.

I can't wait until Trilogy goes through the same process Atmosphere did to get to Omnisphere.

Supposedly the Atmosphere patches will be up very soon.........I think he said tonight or tomorrow night....don't quote me on that.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Re: Spectrasonics/Illio event

Lister,
    Thanks for taking the time out to post this.. Excellent, it sounds like you had a blast..
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

What is great ia that the tutorials are up so I can go look at them to try remember all he talked about.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Spectrasonics,
    If your ever in the sunny state of Florida please let us know,I'd love to catch a demonstration.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Glad you enjoyed it! :-)

Go Back to forum