• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: OT: Nancy Pelosi Wants To Hear From You About The Bailout

Share/Bookmark

OT: Nancy Pelosi Wants To Hear From You About The Bailout

From Digg:

Since the proposed bailout affects musicians, US Citizens may use his contact link to tell Speaker Nancy how you feel either way about the $700,000,000,000 economic bailout.

http://speaker.house.gov/contact/

Re: OT: Nancy Pelosi Wants To Hear From You About The Bailout

To the Honorable Speaker of the House,

Dear Representative Nancy Pelosi,

As soon as the bailout proposal is signed into law, please send the bailout check immediately to The Federal Bailout Management Group located on beautiful Orcas Island in the Great State of Washington. It will be an honor for us to distribute any and all funds appropriated by Congress swiftly and responsibly.

Respectfully yours,

The Federal Bailout Management Group
    PO Box 666
    Orcas Island, WA 98245

PS... And Dear Nancy,

We designate Jon Fairhurst of Colonel Crush as our Investment Banker and you may disburse the funds into said musician's Hedge Fund account.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen View Post
    My "Standards Panel Award": $125.00

I'm RICH!
    Now that Gary has bestowed upon me the title of "Investment Banker", have I got an investment for you! (PM me with your address, social security number and mother's maiden name for details...)

Economics (a.k.a. "the Dismal Science"). Here is what some of our greatest economists had to say about government regulation's role in causing the Great Depression:

Some economists and historians (such as John Maynard Keynes) argue that laissez-faire capitalism fostered the conditions under which the Great Depression arose.

Other scholars, such as Milton Friedman and Murray Rothbard, say that the Depression was not a result of laissez-faire economic policy but of government intervention on the monetary and credit system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez_faire

Well, I'm glad that's settled. - k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Dear Nancy... is it ok if i call you Nancy?...

Uh... AIG ran an ad saying they can save me a lot on my car insurance, so i called them for a quote, and they gave a ridiculous quote that was double (yes double) what i was currently was paying. And that was before i found a reasonable rate and was being gouged.

I told the person that it was a crazy price, no thanks, it's twice what i'm paying. The person said "No that is very good rate, we have very competitive rates in Texas." I then said, "Maybe you didn't hear me, i said that is a crazy price and it is TWICE what i'm now paying."

It may have been a robot and not a person, because she then said ""No that is very good rate, we have very competitive rates in Texas." That was many years ago and i still get weekly mail from these nuts trying to sell me double-priced car insurance.

...And you're going to bail them out with our money??????

Since the proposed bailout affects musicians
    How is that?

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by klassical View Post
    laissez-faire capitalism fostered the conditions under which the Great Depression arose.
    Laissez-faire (pronunciation: [lɛsefɛʁ])

And I thought MUSIC was hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen View Post
    ...most musicians don't make enough money to BE taxpayers!
    If you send in $1 to the Federal Government on tax day, you are a taxpayer and deserve to be heard.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Nancy Pelosi Wants To Hear From you
    To the honorable Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Since you are talking about my money (not yours) and you are paid by me and are my representative. I then order you to stop dropping money on companies that fail. Let the markets rock and roll. Let investors get in why markets are low and let the system work itself out.

And fire Barney Frank for mishandling the job of House Financial Services Committee.* Why is he even at the table discussing this!?

*The United States House Committee on Financial Services (or House Banking Committee) oversees the entire financial services industry, including the securities, insurance, banking, and housing industries. The Committee also oversees the work of the Federal Reserve, the United States Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and other financial services regulators.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

I'm afraid that the problems are so systemic that it could require a total melt down to come up with a long term fix.

The political blame game could be compared to the leaders of the U.S. and Russia arguing about who started the missile launches first.

Phil

Go Back to forum