• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere 1.0.1 - Issues so far

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere 1.0.1 - Issues so far - winxp

Hi, I'm back with more issues!
    I just want to preface my post by saying i love omni, in spite of all the problems i'm having with it, so here goes.

1.) Load times - my load times have gone from 1 minute to 35 seconds, this is around double the reported load times for windows users, so that bug still persists.

2.) Omni crashes when pressing the 'check for updates' button. I get the following error message

“Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 0000100B.
    Access violation at address 7C90100B in module ‘ntdll.dll’. Read of address 00000034"

Same crash occurs when trying to acces the reference guide.

3.) New patches - for some reason, in the patch browser, the first 20 patches are numbered from 00 - 20. Not sure if this is a "bug" but it seems mighty odd.
    ANyone else have numbers before the patch names in the patch browser?

My Specs:
    windows xpsp3, 4gb Ram, Intel dp35 mobo, Q6600 2.4ghz, Nuendo 3

thanks to the spectrasonics team for the fast turnaround time and a stunning product!

Re: Omnisphere 1.0.1 - Issues so far

I get a fatal exception on check for updates and also on reference manual. All the new patches showed up however.

Andy

Are you still getting the crash when pressing the "Check for Updates" button with software version 1.0.1d? In other words, what does it show for the software version on the credits page?

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Are you still getting the crash when pressing the "Check for Updates" button with software version 1.0.1d? In other words, what does it show for the software version on the credits page?

- Glenn
    yes, i started this thread specifically for issues with 1.0.1d
    the crash on software update and reference guide only started happening with 1.0.1d, it was fine before.

sw vers: 1.0.1d
    soundsource: 1.01
    patches 1.0.2

Does this folder exist on your computer?

Documents and Settings/<Your user name>/Local Settings/Application data/Temp

- Glenn
    Yes..It never crashed before ...only on the new update. Omni seems to work fine otherwise. (at least so far)

Does this folder exist on your computer?

Documents and Settings/<Your user name>/Local Settings/Application data/Temp
    yes, that folder is there.

Quote Originally Posted by a7bull View Post
    Omni seems to work fine otherwise. (at least so far)
    the other 'issue' is the weird numbered patch names. not sure if this is normal?

Yes, that's correct.

- Glenn

Yes, that's correct.

- Glenn
    thanks for clearing that up, just wondering about the choice to number only the first 20 patches?

Go Back to forum