• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Arpeggiator timing in pro tools.

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Arpeggiator timing in pro tools.

Hi, after making a simple 4/4 beat in my pro tools host using RMX and laying onto my edit page , i created a bassline in the arpeggiator in omnisphere and pasted a single note into my edit page. I streched this note to to 6 minutes so the bassline would play throughout the entire tune.
    So i now have a beat and bassline, i listen to it and over 1-2 minutes the arpeggiater starts to lose its sync slightly and starts slowing down. So after 2 minutes it sounds like a DJmix of the beat and bassline that is just out of sync. My system resources are not even breaking a sweat during this either and is not that problem.
    So i tried dragging the 4/4 beat into the arpeggiator sync drag/drop place and my bassline changes into a rythem i do not want.
    So my question is ...
    Can the arpeggiator keep in perfect sync with my host for more than 90 seconds without using the drag/drop sync part? If not then how do i sync it perfectly without changing the standard rythem in the arpeggiator?

Win xp pro
    dual 3g processor
    2g ram
    protools le

Re: Omnisphere Arpeggiator timing in pro tools.

I am using Omnisphere in Logic and I have the same issue.
    Arpeggiator doesn't sync very well with host and loses its timing after some time. As I use Stylus rmx for most of my beats, I didn't consider this to be a problem at the beginning. But as you said it is. After dragging the midi file into Omnisphere the arpeggiated part not only synchronizes with the beat but also drastically changes its nature.
    I have tried to experiment with mode and trigger settings but I still can't get satisfying results. I was expecting Groove Lock not to change the way the Arpeggiator works, but only to keep the arpeggiated part playing in time wth the beat...

That should work ok, but report it to tech support, along with the details about which omnisphere patch and which Stylus RMX groove you're using. In the mean time, instead of making the note several minutes long, just retrigger it every 30 seconds or so.

- Glenn

Not sure about the poster with Logic, but there was an issue with MIDI timing in Pro Tools. People were dragging in drum beats and they were all over the place. You might look into that. Since the Logic user has the same problem as you though, maybe it is a different issue than the PT one...just trying to present other possibilities.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Like I said it might not apply in your situation...but in case here is the thread...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...ht=MIDI+timing

It seems to get Stylus specific and there are 11 pages......
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Under your settings do you have Ignore RTAS Errors During Playback checked?

If not try that. I seems to recall doing that and it stopped some errors for me..I was reminded of it reading the posts.

It is on the same page as the Buffer settings.

Hi , thanx for replies.

Retriggered a few sounds at random intervals (thnx Glenn), but another workaround for longer notes was to open blank session , set BPM and bounce omni sound on its own (no RMX)for 6mins or whatever. Then i dragged it bak as wave sound.
    Not much use for changing the sound again but helped alot with steady rythems. I just had to use other effects to change it etc.
    I'll check digidesign forum.
    Not sure which sounds i was using as i saved them under another name
    but i have noticed that most other sounds do stay in time throughout.

retriggering works great here too.
    thanx

Go Back to forum