• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Multiple Kontakt Outs - Sonar and JABB

Share/Bookmark

Multiple Kontakt Outs - Sonar and JABB

Hi, all,

I'm using JABB in Sonar with more than two instruments for the first time. If I allow Sonar to create All Synth Audio Outs, I get a mess of new tracks. However, when assigning outputs to the various instruments, I only get three choices - Stereo 1, Stereo 2 and Surround 1.

Is it possible to assign each instrument to a separate audio out for purposes of freezing tracks? If I'm stuck with 2 stereo outs, how does that affect freezing tracks? I like to freeze my instruments separately for mixing and effects.

Can I use multiple instances of Kontakt Player to get more than two outputs?

Re: Multiple Kontakt Outs - Sonar and JABB

Hey, Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the link goes to DPDan's profile, not the post you reference.

I had Sonar create all those tracks, but I deleted all but four of them (the number of instruments I'm using), before loading any of the JABB samples.

I'll give it a try. Meanwhile, if you can point me to the post, I would be most appreciative...

THAT'S THE TICKET!

Thanks, Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    lol, sorry about that

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...&postcount=104

The outputs will have to be set up in KP2 first, and its best to exit Sonar and restart to make sure the settings stuck.

Jon
    Jon, I'm interested in this, but it says the thread is invalid...any idea what happened to it?
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Jon, I'm interested in this, but it says the thread is invalid...any idea what happened to it?
    Doh! I can't find it anymore, either. Well, here's what I did:

In the Kontakt Player, one of the buttons at the top is "Outputs". Click on that, and all of the active outputs for KP2 will appear. Above this little mixer section is the button "Add Channel". Do this and name them appropriately until you have all the channels you need for your project.

Close KP2, reopen it, and then you can assign the outputs of your instruments to the channels as req'd.

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    Doh! I can't find it anymore, either. Well, here's what I did:

In the Kontakt Player, one of the buttons at the top is "Outputs". Click on that, and all of the active outputs for KP2 will appear. Above this little mixer section is the button "Add Channel". Do this and name them appropriately until you have all the channels you need for your project.

Close KP2, reopen it, and then you can assign the outputs of your instruments to the channels as req'd.
    Rob,
    Thanx for the quick reply!!
    Was that thread the one that had pix of the K2 player with all this laid out visually? I looked for it for two hours...
    I'm good up to there...I can create as many of those channels as I need, but I guess the question is how to configure all those channels.

Can each channel go to the same output (in my case, an echo indigo) or do they have to go to different physical outs?

In my case, I have st.1 and st.2.

st.1 is set to two audio channels. Ch. 1 is routed to Indigo virtual out 3/4 and channel 2 goes to Indigo virtual 4.

St.2 is also 2 audiochannels. Ch 1 goes to Indigo virtual 5/6 and ch. 2 goes to indigo virtual 6.

So...once I get all them channels set up, what do I do with 'em...that's where I begin to be unsure. Can I send ALL of them to Indigo out virtual 3/4?

PS--hope to see you in person next time I'm in Peoria!!

Jim W.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

A little experimenting reveals that everything can be routed to the same out with seemingly little consequence...right??

Now, what was the thing about going mono with the instruments???

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Thanx, Jon...
    Who created the thread?

I had thought I remembered something about mono outs, but a lot of braincells have "aged off" in the last few months due to my various unintended adventures.

The thread I recall talked about turning up the volume on instruments, and had screenshots of waveforms for some woodwinds before & after turning up the volume. I spent feom 2 to 4 this morning hunting for it but never found it. Love that insomnia.

After new Year's I will have slack time that I intend to guard with my very existence...last time I thought I had slack time, I got a face full of tire tread, got flooded out of my basement, and had foot surgery...the intent is to get beyond superficial with all the gear I have accumulated in anticipation of having slack time.

jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Can each channel go to the same output (in my case, an echo indigo) or do they have to go to different physical outs?
    As you discovered, you can route them all to the same out. The other option is to buss them together and send the buss to the output. You only really need to do this if you wish to either place an effect in the master buss that applies to every channel equally (such as Boost11 or a room reverb), or you want to have some sort of automation that applies to all outputs equally, such as volume automation.

PS--hope to see you in person next time I'm in Peoria!!
    Tell you what, Jim, I chickened out last time you were in town (I'm really shy), and was too embarassed to let you know. Thanks for the second chance.

Thanx, Jon...
    Who created the thread?
    That was the thread by Raymond62 (not sure about the number behind his name) saying he was quitting or something to that affect.

That is too bad the post was deleted because it did have a bunch of useful information. It really helped me although I have a ways to go.

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum