• Register
  • Help

Topic: In Dire Need of Strad/Gofriller-like Solution

Share/Bookmark

In Dire Need of Strad/Gofriller-like Solution

Hello All,

I'm searching for a way to create real-time expressive solos on violin and cello. The Stradivari Solo Violin and Gofriller Solo Cello seem to be perfect solutions except for one major flaw: they're no longer available!

Does anyone know if a new release will be available within the next eight weeks (this will still give me just enough time to acquaint myself with the instrument before rendering)? If not, does anyone know where I can obtain the discontinued products and will they work? If not, does anyone know of any other products that are comparable?

Basically, can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Re: In Dire Need of Strad/Gofriller-like Solution

i am not sure that i've heard anything that quite compares with these two libraries. i've even heard good examples from vsl and i didn't think they were nearly as good. some people talk about kirk hunter stuff being pretty good, but i don't think it'll be the same.

i do know that the strad and gof aren't totally discontinued. garritan is making new ones that will work with the aria which is supposed to include a quintet. but your guess is as good as mine as to when they will be released, and seeing as you're on a schedule its probably is out of the question.

if i were you i'd try and find leftover copies to buy, and its that doesn't work maybe try some vsl stuff (but it will be expensive). sorry i couldn't be of much more help.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Don't know anything about release dates, but looks like there may still be copies of Strad available.

Check the Google retail searche below, I hit the first 2 links to check and they seem to still have copies of the Strad available. Perhaps they'll tell you different if you try to order but definitely work a shot!

Strad: http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...um=11&ct=title

Didn't find Gofriller copies but if one of these retailers has Strad maybe they'll have the cello as well.

Best of luck,
    Jon

Thanks for the replies. Jon, I checked every link on the page you pointed to but not one sold the Strad or the Gofriller products.

Seems a shame that I'm forced to go outside the Garritan family of products for this solution. Is there really no way to obtain this? There must be. I won't give up!

Anyone know of someplace or someone that will sell them?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by webbiedave View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Jon, I checked every link on the page you pointed to but not one sold the Strad or the Gofriller products.

Seems a shame that I'm forced to go outside the Garritan family of products for this solution. Is there really no way to obtain this? There must be. I won't give up!

Anyone know of someplace or someone that will sell them?

Thanks again.
    My apologies. When I went to J&R Music and Woodwinds and Brass they let me add the Strad to the cart so assumed that meant they still had copies left.

I agree, it would be nice to find a Garritan product that fills the bill but looks like we are in limbo along those lines.

Hope you are able to find something satisfactory (and on time!) though.

Jon

Just bumping this in case anyone else has any info on how I can acquire Strad/Gofriller.

Thanks!

I tried to find a copy of Strad for a friend about two months ago and could not find it anywhere. Have you looked at Kirk Hunters Romantic Violin?

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by LFO View Post
    Have you looked at Kirk Hunters Romantic Violin?
    No, I haven't. I wanted to stay within the Garritan family of products for this but I guess I may have no choice but to jump to Kirk Hunter for string solution. Thanks for the suggestion.

If anyone else has any ideas about how I can obtain Strad/Gofriller please don't hesitate to respond.

Thanks!

Go Back to forum