• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrulation...

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Spectrulation...

So Omnisphere has subtly hinted at a few things that I think may or may not happen in the future in regards to Spectrasonics:

The first would be Trilogy, which doesn't seem to have much info at this point. Of interesting note is that Bass Legends is not included in the Omnisphere library, I suppose that it is likely that we will see included in the library of the new Trilogy. I am still wondering whether Trilogy will be some sort of expansion pack for Omnisphere, or its own complete plugin. I am assuming that the interface will be very similar to Omnisphere, since they are both "Steam" engine.

Of even more interesting note is the exclusion of hearts of africa and hearts of asia (as far as I could tell) from the Omnisphere samples. Could that possibly hint at some sort of "ethnic lead" rompler in the future? I know that when I first bought RMX and Atmosphere I said I'd love to see an ethnic VI, I suppose if enough people said the same thing, they might give it a shot, who knows?

Finally, what can we expect to see in RMX 2.0? There are lots of interface updates in Omnisphere that can be directly ported. The entire browser could be reworked to line up more with Omnisphere. The modulation setup would be awesome to have in RMX as well. I will say that I absolutely LOVE seeing where the soundsources came from in Omni (and that is an understatement), anything like that for the percussion loops would be really cool, but that might be a stretch. Also the way that Omni handles host automation is the most brilliant thing I have ever seen. Spectrasonics VI's always lacked in regards to host automation capabilities and they leaped way the hell ahead with Omni's method.

Either way, I feel like I'm set for life with Omnisphere (could use a intel trilogy solution though), can't wait to see what they come up with next though!

Re: Spectrulation...

Im with you . These guys got my full attention...
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

Of even more interesting note is the exclusion of hearts of africa and hearts of asia (as far as I could tell) from the Omnisphere samples. Could that possibly hint at some sort of "ethnic lead" rompler in the future? I know that when I first bought RMX and Atmosphere I said I'd love to see an ethnic VI, I suppose if enough people said the same thing, they might give it a shot, who knows?
    From what I've heard so far there's a few in there from HOA just not the loops ect. How about soundsource "Breakfast in the Hut"

Oh that SLURPING.........L O L .

When I registered Stylus RMX Mar/Apr 07 I mentioned the same "Ethnic Lead" collection too! So you're not the only one.

With Spectra's attention to detail in their sampling tech, it would be awesome.

We shall see....

ms

No critique for Omnisphere or Spectrasonics

I own them all unconditionally

Love,

R
    Last edited by RonDP; 10-01-2008 at 04:55 AM. Reason: A major fire outside my bedroom suddenly speaking negatively

How crazy would a Ethnic V.I. be. Voices and all. I agree with the post above.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

I was actually just thinking the other day about a possible Bass Legends Inclusion in whatever Trilogy will become. Although I own trilogy I still use Bass legends for electric bass way more often.
    Not sure if I will need 8 parts of bass though
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Predictions:
    Winter NAMM - Trilogy STEAM version announced.
    15 September 2009 - Trilogy STEAM version arrives

I always put "Ethnic" in that box in the questionaire too. One can always hope. Hehe.

It looks like Spectrasonics is just getting started. They are the future.

www.plusishiphop.com

Go Back to forum