• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein Extensions

Share/Bookmark

Question Chris Hein Extensions

Hi Chris, or anybody who is sure of the answer. I just bought the downloadable Tenor Sax 1.5. Then, of course, my mind instantly went to what I need to start preparing my wife for next, and I noticed the extensions. I'm not totally clear how they work though. Is it the case that once I've bought, for instance, the Tenor Sax I can then just buy the extension versions of the other instruments to complete my CHHs? Or is it the case that an extension adds more aritculations - so, for instance, after buying the Tenor Sax I would buy the Tenor Sax extension to expand the instrument I already have?

Incidentally, from the little playing around I've managed, I love the sound already.
    David

Re: Chris Hein Extensions

Hi Pingu,
    thanks for your purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Is it the case that once I've bought, for instance, the Tenor Sax I can then just buy the extension versions of the other instruments to complete my CHHs?
    Thats correct.
    Purpose of the extensions is, to offer a better price for the second instrument,
    not to extend a certain instrument.
    All single instrument downloads include the complete instrument.
    With the first purchase you get the Kontakt-Player and serial number,
    the extension only contain the instrument and sample data.
    So, you just have to drag the extension files into you libraries instrument and sample folder
    and instantly have a new instrument ready to play in the same Library.

To complete any of my libraries, you can always upgrade to the full version,
    for a price thats even better than the extension.
    This is managed through BestService and available at their website.
    This way you never pay more than the full version.
    So, the extensions are good if you get one or two of them,
    if you want more, you should do the upgrade through BestService.

Yes, its a bit complicated, but thats the price we pay for trying to be flexibel.
    :-)

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Re: Chris Hein Extensions

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein View Post
    Yes, its a bit complicated, but thats the price we pay for trying to be flexibel.
    I'm fine with complicated when you're doing us all such a favour. Well now I know what to start talking to Zoe about.
    David

Go Back to forum