• Register
  • Help

Topic: Orchestra material for Pop Production

Orchestra material for Pop Production

I have been trying to find an answer to my question in previous posts, but was not successful so far. If this was asked (and answered) before, kindly point me to the earlier thread.

I need a good set of orchestral samples (mainly strings) for use in a Pop/Rock production. The Garritan material is wonderful, but likely overkill for me (unfortunately as well on the financial side, although probably worth every cent). I was hoping that there was something like a \"light version\" respectively an alternative to GOS.

Can anybody give me a recommendations for a less expensive set of decent orchestra material for GigaStudio ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Re: Orchestra material for Pop Production

hmmm well

If you\'re refferring to \"pop\" strings, You may be in need of a combination of libraries.

As well, you may only really need good violins.

Check out \"smart Violins\" it may help. As well checkout solo string collections like Dan Dean.

Do you have any type of string sounds right now? Any Sound Modules? I think with some good layering of modules and the solo strings you should be able to get by, and then use Smart Violins for that \"real\" sound in the runs and licks.

Also, when I think \"pop orchestral\" I\'m not thinking Elenor rigby, but more like Garbage\'s James Bond theme \"The world is not enough\"

Really...I am an Idiot

Re: Orchestra material for Pop Production

Check the thread on the Prosonus Orchestral Collection-for $299 list it might be a good place to start. Listen to the demos on their site and see if they work for you.

Then let US know-I\'m contemplating the purchase myself, but it\'s hard to get appropriate feedback, not many people on this forum working in the pop realm, more film score folks, which is a whole different kettle of drums!

Go Back to forum