-All the Omnisphere videos+manuals in the DVD
    -Patch Library v1.0.2 including complete Atmosphere Patch Library
    -Software Update v1.0.1

I think it would be fair, not to mention the convenience,
    that the customer shouldn´t start downloading all kind of extensions
    at the same minute when he/she has bought the new, just released
    product to get the complete version (anyway not when to product
    is brand new).

Can Spectrasonics deliver these updated boxes to the dealers asap?
    Or is it "not the company policy"?

Harry

Re: Omnisphere version

It's not an issue to download is it? I mean you took the time to post this,do yourself a favor and download them and install it like all of us had to. .
    Join the early adopters club we share a common lust for good kits.. This is just part of it..

Besides I doubt they will redistribute new packages just for you.. I could be wrong though..
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

i guess you are not really expecting them to trash all the yet unsold copies and replace them with updated ones?
    Especially since it seems that they are releasing updates on an almost weekly bases at the moment.
    That would be kinda hazardeous to the environment-dont you think?
    Downloading the latest version of a software is a totally common thing-its like 2nd nature to me after installing to check for updates and
    I rather download a couple of megabytes and play with it right away instead of waiting for the next run of productions discs that are more uptodate.

best
    Hans

The previous kind of replies shows how "thought dogs" we
    consumers are, it´s so difficult even to think that there´s something wrong
    in the present situation.

If Hans buys a new car, he would be very angry if he was forced to
    drive immediately to the next repair shop to change the
    carburetor and the right side door to get fully functioning
    vehichle. (Even if he was a privileged test driver already commited to
    the make).

I´m sure it´s possible to solve all the technical/logistic challenges
    to reach the situtation I describe,if there was just the will to do so. I repeat:
    the target is that when I go to the dealer and pay the full price of the product, I always get the latest product version + possible accompaniments.
    If the box don´t include these, the dealer takes care that the client gets
    these in one way or the other.

I think the present situation it´s just a twisted operation culture the branch has been let to adjust by the lazy clients.

Remember that the one who brings out first time a new idea, which later will
    be a selfevident truth, is seldom praised by the contemporaneous. Therefore,
    just small stones, please ;-)

Harry

Hi Harry,

I understand your point of view, but that's just how it works with software instruments (well, with software generally). I guess it would be possible to make sure (at least as much as possible) that the final, boxed product is perfectly working and complete but it would surely mean quite some delay of the launch. Personally I definitely prefer to take advantage of the internet and download the updates having the software already in my hands. So, replying to your 'car example', I will say: if you want a guaranteed full product, buy a hardware instrument

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that when the situation stabilises (perfectly working software, more patches ready etc.) and there will be a 1.1 version that Spectrasonics knows will stay for a while, this will be the version they can manufacture for you to get out-of-the-box. But it will probably take some more time.
    Just my thoughts

Best,
    Henry
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_O View Post
    When I buy the Omnisphere (from the dealer), is it possible to get right away the latest content of the product in the box, including at the
    moment
    Actually, it will probably rarely be the case that the packaged version matches the latest updates, because we will be updating this particular instrument all the time.

It's not like a typical product, it's very much designed to grow and expand and evolve.

For example, we have a second production run coming from the manufacturers this week, but that's only with last weeks version. A lot has been added in the last week.

And there's much more to come I might add. :-)

-All the Omnisphere videos+manuals in the DVD
    The video tutorials will always be exclusively online and downloadable. They won't ever be included in the package.

We changed to that system, so that we could always keep the videos up to date with the latest software changes. There's no way to do that otherwise.

-Patch Library v1.0.2 including complete Atmosphere Patch Library
    Well, by the time we put that on the discs, there will be another Patch Library update. :-)

-Software Update v1.0.1
    That's already had two updates this week too. :-)

I think it would be fair, not to mention the convenience,
    that the customer shouldn´t start downloading all kind of extensions
    at the same minute when he/she has bought the new, just released
    product to get the complete version (anyway not when to product
    is brand new).
    Actually, that's nearly always the case with software products. Especially when the are brand new.

However, we've built a cool thing into the software, so that you know that you are always up to date.

There's a "Check for Updates" button on the Credits page that compares your installed system to the latest version on the site and directs you where to get the updates. So it's pretty easy to stay up to date. :-)

We'll always remanufacture the DVDs with the latest versions of everything we have of course, but it's unlikely that this will ever be the very latest version of the Software/Manuals/Patches/Soundsources/Tagging/Notes, etc. There's a lot in there to keep up to date for us, especially since it will be evolving for quite some time.

Cheers,

spectrum

I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
    "Welcome to the real world Neo."-Morpheus

Go Back to forum