• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere won't play

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere won't play

I'm having a frustrating time getting started with Omnisphere, because I am able to audition a patch from the Patch Browser window, with the "play" button, but the keyboard doesn't trigger any sound, whether I'm in the browser window or in the MAIN window. There's nothing wrong with my keyboard -- all other VI's and Samplers work just fine.

I did submit an inquiry to Spectrasonics tech support, and I know they're probably a bit jammed at the moment because of the product's launch, so I'm putting this problem out to the forums. Is there something that I'm overlooking here, like maybe Omni is resetting Logic's MIDI channels or something like that? I'm stumped.

Kerry

Re: Omnisphere won't play

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc View Post
    I'm having a frustrating time getting started with Omnisphere, because I am able to audition a patch from the Patch Browser window, with the "play" button, but the keyboard doesn't trigger any sound, whether I'm in the browser window or in the MAIN window. There's nothing wrong with my keyboard -- all other VI's and Samplers work just fine.

I did submit an inquiry to Spectrasonics tech support, and I know they're probably a bit jammed at the moment because of the product's launch, so I'm putting this problem out to the forums. Is there something that I'm overlooking here, like maybe Omni is resetting Logic's MIDI channels or something like that? I'm stumped.

Kerry
    which host are you using?

I'm in Logic Pro 8x, using it as an Audio Unit... still can't get the darn thing to play!
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc View Post
    I'm in Logic Pro 8x, using it as an Audio Unit... still can't get the darn thing to play!
    i'm a windows user, but have you tried the usual - restarting, turning your controller on off, re-installing the omnisphere update?

Quote Originally Posted by method1 View Post
    i'm a windows user, but have you tried the usual - restarting, turning your controller on off, re-installing the omnisphere update?
    That and a dozen things more.
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Here's another twist:

If the MULTI window on top is empty (set to "default") then the patches won't play.

But if I open a multi through the Multi Browser, then go to the Patch Browser, I *can* hear the patches I load.

Is anyone else having this oddity using Omni in Logic? It's weird...

Kerry

I am in Logic 8/Leopard and i mostly use the default multi and the patches always play.
    Parts are preassigned to respond to midichannels 1-8.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up that my patches won't work while Multi is set at "default" -- I emailed the additional info to Spectrasonics tech support, and we'll see if they can come up with something.

composernyc - is there any chance that your Omnisphere object on the left side of the arrange page is set to a midi channel other than 1? If you fold down that triangle below all the quantize info you can check there to see if it's set to 'ALL' or '1-16'. Or could your midi controller be set to send on a channel other than 1 and some of your other VIs set to receive on 'ALL'. It's got to be something simple like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dinerdog View Post
    composernyc - is there any chance that your Omnisphere object on the left side of the arrange page is set to a midi channel other than 1? If you fold down that triangle below all the quantize info you can check there to see if it's set to 'ALL' or '1-16'. Or could your midi controller be set to send on a channel other than 1 and some of your other VIs set to receive on 'ALL'. It's got to be something simple like that.
    IT's on "All" -- that's the default for all of my VI's and software synths.

I'm sure it's something really simple, but the odd thing is that whatever's happening is specific to Omnisphere... I think it might be resetting something simple along the chain, but I'm not sure what/where.

kerry

Go Back to forum