• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere weird double typing issue in search

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere weird double typing issue in search

I have a a very strange symptom when using the search box, it basically double types letters, like ee or mm

I have narrowed it down to, it only happens when east west play engine (QLSO)m is loaded into a project in Logic 8.02 (will test in live)

I have tried other plugins that have a search field, like massive and that is fine.

any ideas glenn ?

cheers
    Matt aka Topaz

Re: Omnisphere weird double typing issue in search

Now that's a weird kind of bug/instance. I was about to go off on Logic 8 for doing that, but your totally right. I loaded a big autoload with a PLAY engine in it. When it tried to type "perc" into the Omni search window, I got the 'double pp' thing AND it opened up windows that I use the 'p' & 'e' & 'r' key commands for. After I read your post, I removed the EW Gold PLAY VI and it worked fine. That's very astute of you to figure that out. Now, what are we going to do about it. lol

hehe,, I told eric years ago I am mr super geek tester, I tested and helped out with so many plugins in my time.

for some reason he never chose me.

it is a strange bug for sure.

took me 30 minutes to figure out.

peace
    Matt :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dinerdog View Post
    That's very astute of you to figure that out. Now, what are we going to do about it. lol

Does it help to simply close the Play window instead of removing the plugin?

If you don't have Omnisphere loaded, but just Play. Does typing text into the Play plugin trigger Logic keycommands (for example "1" brings up screenset 1).

- Glenn

Hi Glenn

No.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Does it help to simply close the Play window instead of removing the plugin?
    Yes.

If you don't have Omnisphere loaded, but just Play. Does typing text into the Play plugin trigger Logic keycommands (for example "1" brings up screenset 1).

- Glenn

Intel mac or PPC? Do you have the purple link button on or off, and does make a difference to the problem? You mentioned Live, does it happen there?

- Glenn

There is surely some freakiness going on having 'something' to do with Play perhaps. I'm on a new Intel Macpro and when I have the Play browser open, anything I type triggers the key command. The other strange thing is that in my full autoload (exs, play, omni, battery etc.) if I double click to open the Play browser it's graphic is 90+ % white and unreadable. If I open a song and add just 1 Play alone it's fine. Time to send EastWest some reports I think. The only other odd thing is the NONE of this seems to happen in Logic 7.2.3, only our "beloved" Logic 8.

Intel Mac Pro 2.66
    Leo 10.55

It makes no difference with the purple link on or off.

it does not do it in live 7.10

I also tried garageband and it doesn't do it there either.

Matt

Intel mac or PPC? Do you have the purple link button on or off, and does make a difference to the problem? You mentioned Live, does it happen there?

- Glenn

Yes, Apple made a change in Logic8 with the way keystrokes are handled in plugins. The most noticeable symptom of this problem is that, when running on an intel mac, typing into the plugin triggers Logic key commands. Most plugin makers have adapted to this since Logic8 came out, but it sounds like EW hasn't had a chance to fix it yet, and in their case it is affecting other plugins. Check with them and they may have an update available or planned shortly.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dinerdog View Post
    There is surely some freakiness going on having 'something' to do with Play perhaps. I'm on a new Intel Macpro and when I have the Play browser open, anything I type triggers the key command. The other strange thing is that in my full autoload (exs, play, omni, battery etc.) if I double click to open the Play browser it's graphic is 90+ % white and unreadable. If I open a song and add just 1 Play alone it's fine. Time to send EastWest some reports I think. The only other odd thing is the NONE of this seems to happen in Logic 7.2.3, only our "beloved" Logic 8.

Hi Glenn

I have contacted EW and for sure it is their problem, play does have UI issues for sure.

but it does not do it with other plugins with text search, ie massive, fm8.

I hate these kind of vs vs bugs.

peace
    topaz

Yes, Apple made a change in Logic8 with the way keystrokes are handled in plugins. The most noticeable symptom of this problem is that, when running on an intel mac, typing into the plugin triggers Logic key commands. Most plugin makers have adapted to this since Logic8 came out, but it sounds like EW hasn't had a chance to fix it yet, and in their case it is affecting other plugins. Check with them and they may have an update available or planned shortly.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum