• Register
  • Help

Topic: Film Music Recording - update

Smile Film Music Recording - update

Hello to the Garritan community!

As you may know, me and my players from Czech did cooperate on a number of Garritan libraries in the past.

Recently, we did some film music recordings (for both hongkong and US film productions /one even co-produced by Steven Seagal/) and I think, it would be worth to share with you one of the best soundtracks we did:

http://www.twostepsfromhell.com/lege...end-large.html (music & video)
    http://www.twostepsfromhell.com/legend.php (music only)

The music composer is Thomas Bergersen. Hope you will enjoy the music and get an inspiration for your own!

Petr Pololanik, M.A.
    Conductor, Orchestrator, Music Producer
    Capellen Music Production

Re: Film Music Recording - update

I almost skipped the links - until I saw that TJB is the composer...

The music starts out very understated. My first reaction is that TJ played it safe. But once the choir comes in - WOW! The composition is still straightforward, but the sound is FANTASTIC! - and HUGE!

Congratulations to all involved. The music is a clear success. Best of luck with a successful film!

Really excellent, I love it!! Very powerful and exciting, love that chorus!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Ah, i was wandering what it was going to be and then realised id already downloaded it! tis a quality track tho (Which ive used as inspiration for one of mine...anyone want to hear?!)

TJB and Doug Rogers (the joint director of a certain rival sample library) have written loads of stuff like that, and a lot of it combines real top quality orchestra and choirs with his sample libraries. It must be awesome fun writing and getting PAYED to write music like that all day long....it is something i aspire too....

Go Back to forum