• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Problem with Midi Learn Part 2.. Please help

Share/Bookmark

Problem with Midi Learn Part 2.. Please help

Okay so I now have tried to use Midi Learn with my midi controller this time a Roland A-50 ..

I simply am trying to learn the program changes to my controller here,so I do exactly what the video tutorial says to do and shows,but it JUST won't work for me..

In Omnisphere Patch Browser I midi learn the arrow down to the A-50's Patch Number one button. Fine that works

But when I try to then midi learn the next arrow on omni to the A50's Patch Number two button Omni freaks out and decides it can only go one way and not the other?
    That's not right at all.. Please LOOK into this.This is something so simple but yet so frustrating here guys..Do I have to buy a Korg micro controller for this to work right or something? Thanks for understanding.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Re: Problem with Midi Learn Part 2.. Please help

MIDI Program Change learns a control to a specific program number. Those numbers range from 1 to 128, so when you press the +/- buttons on your controller, you are transmitting one of those 128 numbers. It is most useful on the Live page where there are 8 buttons. There are far too many patches in Omnisphere to address each one by a program change number.

In other words, it's not useful to learn the browser next and previous buttons to the program change +/- buttons on your controller. Instead, it works better to do as shown in the browser tutorial video and learn those browser buttons to a midi note or a midi CC button.

- Glenn

Okay I will try again thanks.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

On the SL REMOTE ZERO I use the Automap Universal template # 38
    How about the PAD's as cc's? When I try to midi learn with the arrows for patch changes Omnisphere doesn't move.. I don't understand this..

Not only that but Omnisphere doesn't appear to respond to basic cc's like 74 for cutoff or 71 for res.. why?
    I mean I had to midi learn a volume cc, how come Omni doesn't even recognize cc7 for volume?
    This is basic midi language here right?

Anyways if someone at spectrasonics can help explain how to get my controller to work for program changes I'd be more then happy. I'm using a SL and an Automap template and I've chosen to try to use the pads for some program changes,it's not working on mine..

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    On the SL REMOTE ZERO I use the Automap Universal template # 38
    How about the PAD's as cc's? When I try to midi learn with the arrows for patch changes Omnisphere doesn't move.. I don't understand this..

Not only that but Omnisphere doesn't appear to respond to basic cc's like 74 for cutoff or 71 for res.. why?
    I mean I had to midi learn a volume cc, how come Omni doesn't even recognize cc7 for volume?
    This is basic midi language here right?

Anyways if someone at spectrasonics can help explain how to get my controller to work for program changes I'd be more then happy. I'm using a SL and an Automap template and I've chosen to try to use the pads for some program changes,it's not working on mine..

hey bobby, did you try the mapping that was posted in the other midi learn thread? I managed to get program changes working perfectly with this, and i've mapped the multi levels as well, then saved the learns as an omnisphere templates as well as the novation template.

Hi method,
    We're you able to do this with the automap template?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    Hi method,
    We're you able to do this with the automap template?
    no, too many parameters using autoload, started fresh with a blank template and assigning controls as i need them.

Okay I see..Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by method1 View Post
    hey bobby, did you try the mapping that was posted in the other midi learn thread? I managed to get program changes working perfectly with this, and i've mapped the multi levels as well, then saved the learns as an omnisphere templates as well as the novation template.
    Hi, where did you find this other thread please?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arranger View Post
    Hi, where did you find this other thread please?

Tony
    over here.

bear in mind this mapping is for the remote sl, but no reason it shouldn't work with other controllers.

Go Back to forum