Although I'm getting generally good performance out of Omnisphere (on an 8-core 2.8Ghz Mac), I occasionally come across a parameter that maxes out the cpu even with one note. A repeatable example is to add a wah-wah effect on part A and try to modulate the frequency parameter with an LFO; instant glitching even with a simple single oscillator sound.
Anyone else notice such inconsistencies?
P.S. Wish list: Being able to engage the arpeggiator on parts A or B individually.
Another CPU inquiry:
When I use the "High Church - Use Live Mode" multi, my CPU hits between
29% and 38% with a 4-note chord in the Live mode, but it hits 100% in
the Mixer. Should there be a difference? Does the Mixer use so much
more of the CPU?
My system: Dell XPS P4, 3.2 GHz, 4GB RAM (3.25 recognized). For the most part, Omnisphere runs quite well on this archaic system if I ignore the long load times.
Sorry, I don't understand your question. The meters on the mixer page are volume levels, not cpu usage.
I'm testing the CPU usage in Windows Task Manager. When I switch back and forth between Mixer and Live, the same patch or multi uses a higher percentage of my CPU in the Mixer than in Live mode. For example, when I switch back and forth between Mixer and Live, the "High Church - Use Live Mode" multi causes my CPU to spike in the Mixer and distort, but not in Live, where the sound is clean.
Using SX4, playing "High Church - Use Live Mode", I don't see any difference in cpu usage between the Live and Mixer pages. If that persists, contact tech support with the details and they'll help you out.