• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere CPU usage oddities

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere CPU usage oddities

Although I'm getting generally good performance out of Omnisphere (on an 8-core 2.8Ghz Mac), I occasionally come across a parameter that maxes out the cpu even with one note. A repeatable example is to add a wah-wah effect on part A and try to modulate the frequency parameter with an LFO; instant glitching even with a simple single oscillator sound.

Anyone else notice such inconsistencies?

Steve

P.S. Wish list: Being able to engage the arpeggiator on parts A or B individually.

Re: Omnisphere CPU usage oddities

That parameter uses a lot of cpu when modulated. But, the Wah effect has a built in LFO on page 2 that you can use instead.

- Glenn

Another CPU inquiry:
    When I use the "High Church - Use Live Mode" multi, my CPU hits between
    29% and 38% with a 4-note chord in the Live mode, but it hits 100% in
    the Mixer. Should there be a difference? Does the Mixer use so much
    more of the CPU?

My system: Dell XPS P4, 3.2 GHz, 4GB RAM (3.25 recognized). For the most part, Omnisphere runs quite well on this archaic system if I ignore the long load times.

Sorry, I don't understand your question. The meters on the mixer page are volume levels, not cpu usage.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand your question. The meters on the mixer page are volume levels, not cpu usage.

- Glenn
    Hi Glenn,
    I'm testing the CPU usage in Windows Task Manager. When I switch back and forth between Mixer and Live, the same patch or multi uses a higher percentage of my CPU in the Mixer than in Live mode. For example, when I switch back and forth between Mixer and Live, the "High Church - Use Live Mode" multi causes my CPU to spike in the Mixer and distort, but not in Live, where the sound is clean.

What host are you using?

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    What host are you using?

- Glenn
    Cubase SX 3.1.1.944

Using SX4, playing "High Church - Use Live Mode", I don't see any difference in cpu usage between the Live and Mixer pages. If that persists, contact tech support with the details and they'll help you out.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Steve555 View Post
    P.S. Wish list: Being able to engage the arpeggiator on parts A or B individually.
    You can do this by stacking parts. Each part has it's own arpeggiator and you can create the types of sounds you are looking for by using Stack mode.

Go Back to forum