• Register
  • Help

Topic: The House bill today

Share/Bookmark

The House bill today

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well, looks like we will get an answer either way today.

I for one hope it DOESN'T pass.
    It will NOT solve the problem so why bother.
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Re: The House bill today

Oh the bill passed! I'm shock! I never thought this would happened! ....

Yeah, we knew it probably would but it's so wrong!

Now, let's just see what happens to our dollar and the economy in general.........
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Quote Originally Posted by Chalfant View Post
    Yeah, we knew it probably would but it's so wrong!

Now, let's just see what happens to our dollar and the economy in general.........
    They had no choice. They had to pass it. You wouldn't want to go there if they didn't pass it.

The dollar, technically will fall in value as all of this passes through the system. The American economy will be alright in the end because the country is big enough to manufacture itself out of trouble.
    A fall in the dollar value may seem a problem with the man in the street in terms of sentiment - but very useful for exporting goods.

Unlike the UK alas.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    They had no choice. They had to pass it. You wouldn't want to go there if they didn't pass it.
    IMHO, it will not be sufficient: in Europe we are still waiting for the tidal wave of the US credit crunch.

A new American Revolution is on the way? It could even be, who knows what future holds. Most probably, there will be some war music to be written...

:-(
    Mac Pro Quad Core, 23" Apple Cinema, Logic Pro 8.x + VSL PRO Edition, some of the VI's, GPO, Ivory, Edirol UA-25 audio card, Event TR6 monitors, 1 girlfriend (Ines).

Quote Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
    IMHO, it will not be sufficient: in Europe we are still waiting for the tidal wave of the US credit crunch.

A new American Revolution is on the way? It could even be, who knows what future holds. Most probably, there will be some war music to be written...

:-(
    hahaha. I was just going to say a big war is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I'm not so sure Paul. I'd be lying if i said understand this issue completely but I'm not sure.

Yeah - it looks like you're all correct. It won't cover it by the looks of it at this time. The 'Big 3 Banks' had a meeting with the Chancellor last night and asked for further cash injections - Barclays this morning are denying that. Understandably I guess because sentiment effects share prices and why don't the big banks want their share prices to go down?
    Because they are philanthropists and wish people's pension funds to grow and grow? No. Obviously because they don't suddenly wish to become a target.

Share prices and the credit crunch are linked in my view - some say they are not. But fear and sentiment are a big concern in the City and Wall Street right now. They always are as a matter of fact - but obviously moreso right now. Probably looking at rate cuts here soon - won't make any difference long term though in my view. One of the problems is the man on main street thinks you can flick a switch and all this will go away. Ironically, in 1987 and in the 1990/92 ERM debacle I was working for one of the big 3 banks - they always get their money back through the private sector - providing they last that long this time.

I cannot for the life of me see McCain having any chance now. None. But I never made a correct call on the American elections yet.

This is about what's been talked about here for years - heck I even remember starting a thread called Debt ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001 View Post
    hahaha. I was just going to say a big war is coming.
    Way back in the day when Rome went to war with a country didn't they pilfer all of that countries stuff? Isn't the upside of war (I can't believe I just typed that) the fact that you can grab the other guys land/gold etc? Today, we "invade" and then spend billions of our own rebuilding. (I'm not saying we should steal anybody's gold, I'm saying we shouldn't have wars)

Even more astonishing is that anyone living in this day and age, with all of the history that has come before, would think for a second "Let's go kill some people because they are not like us" I hope one day we will know a world without war. We are all so similar in reality. Everyone wants some one to love and a brand new VST!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum