• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Problems with Omnisphere after Installation

Share/Bookmark

Problems with Omnisphere after Installation

Hi!

I have installed Omnisphere on my MacBook Pro CoreDuo using an external drive for the library. The installation failed two times, now after having installed it a third time at least the size of the files on the external drive seem to be right. I followed very carefully the instructions in the manual.

When I open Omnisphere in Logic 8 (last update installed) i get a message:

Cannot open Multi /users/hauke/Library/application support/Spectrasonics/Steam/Omnisphere/Defaults/default.mlt_omn

I have downloaded the updates and installed them... no help at all, same mistake.

I have no idea where to look for the mistake. Does anyone have any idea? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Hauke

Re: Problems with Omnisphere after Installation

I have the exact same problem, and there is not a related solution in Spectrasonics knowledge base. I am waiting for a call from technical support.

Hi Hauke,
    I didn't receive the support call yet, but I figured it out. This is what you have to do, on your main drive follow the path:
    users/hauke/Library/application support/Spectrasonics/Steam

Steam is an alias file that calls the steam folder that is in your external drive. In my case this alias was corrupted, so I went to my external drive where the large Omnisphere library is saved and created a new alias of the steam folder and replaced the corrupted one for it, and all set. I hope it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by musicarteca View Post
    Hi Hauke,
    I didn't receive the support call yet, but I figured it out. This is what you have to do, on your main drive follow the path:
    users/hauke/Library/application support/Spectrasonics/Steam

Steam is an alias file that calls the steam folder that is in your external drive. In my case this alias was corrupted, so I went to my external drive where the large Omnisphere library is saved and created a new alias of the steam folder and replaced the corrupted one for it, and all set. I hope it works for you.
    Hi!

Thank you so much for your advice and for your time lookingfor a solution for my problem! I tried what you suggested before, but that too does not work

In fact I went so far to put a new HD with 500GB into my MacBook Pro, so that I don't need necessarily need an external HD. I Installed OSX newly, took all the data from my time-machine-backup and installed Omnisphere again... still the same mistake... I AM GETTING NUTS!

I can't call the hotline because I am located in Hamburg/Germany. Really... this is so annoying. I would love to share all the great experiences other user write about... and besides I paid for the software, that does not do what it is supposed to do.

cheers
    Hauke

Hauke,
    do you have a spectrasonicsfolder in your hauke/library/application support folder?
    and does it contain a steamfolder?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Hauke,
    do you have a spectrasonicsfolder in your hauke/library/application support folder?
    and does it contain a steamfolder?
    Hi!

Yes, I have that folder. it contains a STEAM-folder, but that folder only is about 118 MB large. That can't possibly be the whole library... I installed all 6 DVDs, did not move anything to anywhere. Only installed the updates after installation from the DVDs.

I even did that using a n extern DVD-ROM drive, because the installation failed two times using the internal DVD-drive of my MB pro.

Thanks for trying to help me !!!

Bye
    Hauke

Hauke, if you have that error, it means that somewhere along the path there is a broken link, you have to find out where it is. First find out where your library is and then follow the path, they should be connected.

Hi Alex,

I decided to install OSX on the MB Pro new from scratch and do not use my time machine backup. So I will have a clean system and won't re-install old problems in my system.

I started that last night and will go on over all friday, so I might be able to post a new status on friday night.

I searched for the large library on my HD last night for "hours" but could not find the data... really strange! I mean... I inserted all 6 DVDs and they were copied and I never got message mentioning an error. Anyway... I'll see tonight what this brings, starting from "0".

Thanks again! I'll come back to the forum.

Bye
    Hauke

Hauke,
    something must have gone totally wrong during the installation.
    The Steamfolder should be over 42 GB big.
    Are you from germany?
    PM me please.

best
    Hans

Hi!

Thank you all for trying to help me. After re-installing my whole system Omnisphere now works just fine.

Bye
    Hauke

Go Back to forum