• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big problems with Sonar 8 and Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Big problems with Sonar 8 and Omnisphere

I have just installed Sonar 8.
    Three vst instruments are causing big headaches .. the biggest of which is Omnisphere.

It is causing my PC to freeze, and requires a hard reboot. (I've a multicore Intel cpu, and one of the processors gets 100% loaded for a long time before the pc freezes.

the other two vsti's with problems are PLAY, and WIVI which is refusein gto renders it interface.

All other VSTi seem fine (VSL, kontakt, independence, kompakt, GVI etc)

any suggestions? anyone else experiencing this?
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Re: Big problems with Sonar 8 and Omnisphere

I have sorted out most of teething problems with sonar, except the one with Omnisphere.

Cubase and Traction are fine with it, but Sonar hates it, on my PC.

I have noticed the following;

- if I launch Omnisphere, but with the options set in Sonar not to display the interface. It starts, pretty damn quick, and I can play the the default patch.

When I try to open the Omnisphere interface, one of my CPU cores maxes out for about 5 seconds then it appears. If I close the interface and then try to re-open it, the same CPU maxes out , but indefinitely... and if I am not careful to quickly force a process close-down of Sonar, then my whole computer will just freeze ... require a hardware reboot (not something I am willing to do many more times).

Why does the Onipshere interface put such a load on the PC.

(I have switched off the X-Ray mode in Sonar ... doesn't make a difference.)
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

If it works fine in other hosts, but not in Sonar, one thing I would suspect is write automation. I know turning that on can cause problems in Sonar when working with instruments with lots of parameters. But, as long as that is turned off, Omnisphere works fine here in Sonar.

- Glenn

So you can´t automate what you do in Omnisphere when using Sonar??

Automation works in Sonar and you can draw in events, but when you turn write mode on, Sonar displays a warning that performance will be slow. I don't understand why since it works fine in other hosts, so you'd have to ask Cakewalk about that.

- Glenn

For what it's worth I run WIVI in software render mode in sonar 7. Have you tried that?

Go Back to forum