• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Classical Choir Library mp3s - Some fooling around

Share/Bookmark

Classical Choir Library mp3s - Some fooling around

I was fascinated by the word building capabilities in VoTA and Maarten\'s use of classical choir in his Faith demo so I decided to give it a go. I added some ambience and breathing sounds to the mix. It could probably sound better but it is a really tough and lengthy process to build words in a sequencer.

The first part features choir only:
    http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Requiem.mp3

The second one is a full orchestral mix.
    I could certainly use a little more bite in the samples and I was thinking this could sound better with VoTA. Let me know what you think.
    http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Satan.mp3

(For your information they are saying \"satan must reign!\" in the beginning. Don\'t take my words on it)

Oh and another short excerpt from a piece featuring a heavy backbeat + orchestra and choir:
    http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k+kl3in_-_Dark.mp3

Thomas

[This message has been edited by Thomas_J (edited 02-12-2002).]

Re: Classical Choir Library mp3s - Some fooling around

In \'Satan\' the samples do sound like they have enough \'bite\' but they\'re just a bit obscured by the orchestra.

Again, a very realistic rendering of some of your \'patented rousing music\'. Great stuff. (I enjoyed the reverb especially - hee, hee). Couldn\'t make out a single word (never been able to make out a single word of any classical choir (even when I was singing in one). But this is enough to make it convincing (to me and my cloth ears).

I loved the \'ambience\' in the first one -makes all the difference.

what choir is this?

Donnie

Donnie, it\'s Peter Siedlaczek\'s Classical Choir (not the extended one). I bought it ages ago, haven\'t put it to any prominent use until now.

Thomas

Thanks Z6 I always thought the small details of ambience could make a world of difference to static samples (the classical choir samples are pretty static)

Thomas

Hi Thomas
    Great! - I\'m sure you\'ve been told this before but: you are very talented.

In the first on is the wavering your hear, the loops? And what kind of reverb stuff
    are you using? - I like the way the consonants are reflected in the room.

Bjk

oh - and by the way:
    Danske piger er sku\' da dejlige, men det er Norske nu også. :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    what choir is this?

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read yesterday that the SNO Chorus was on a visit to the Norwegian fjords and went missing - possibly kidnapped.

Thomas? Behave yourself:-)

what can i say?
    amazing,wonderful,terrific music and sequencer work like always thomas.
    the same samples?i mean ,kirk hunter and prosonus spicato for the fast passages?and your private brass library?
    zoom for the reverb?
    requiem part 2 was the best orchestra emulation i\'ve ever heard.

Hey TJ,

sounds good, but you would probably love VotA.

Is the rolling \"r\" in requiem a time stretched sample? or triggered in 32nds/64ths/multiple notes? It actually sounds pretty good. I hadn\'t tried it yet, but wanted to. fool around with ideas to create gutterals and rolls like that.

about the process, I think with Nick\'s new update it will become a much easier process. Part of the problem is that the consonants have to be matched so perfectly volume wise jsut because the tones dont always fit. With chromatically sampled consonants it should be much easier. Another thing I\'d like see is longer consonants that aren\'t so percussive. It makes it much easier to fade them in and out for me words become much more fluid.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 02-12-2002).]

Thomas:
    Great stuff! Especialy Requiem, this is the first sample choir piece that I like more then Maarten\'s Faith. Honestly, it would be very hard to hear this is not real if heard in a movie. And the last demo Dark is very nice. I\'m impressed again..hehe
    Just don\'t let media venture guys catch you and turn you in to a \"Zimmerite\"...hehe

King:
    Is it possible to get the kind of \"mood\" we hear in Requiem with VOTA?

Alex

Go Back to forum