• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Starflight Ending Credits!

Starflight Ending Credits!

Hey everyone,

Here's some credits music from a game I have been writing for. It is called Starflight: The Lost Colony, and is based on the original Starflight video games from the 80's. The melody that enters at 1:16ish is from the original starlight theme that someone else wrote, but otherwise everything else is original.

Starflight - Ending Credits

Re: Starflight Ending Credits!

This is an incredibly well-crafted piece, it gives the sense of flying in a spacecraft right away, adventurous and entertaining. I liked it! What can I say.. it's marvellous, perfect for ending credits! Wish I had a game/short film/anything to work on as a composer. Did you compose the soundtrack for the rest of the game as well (I presume you did)?
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Boulder, Colorado

I thoroughly enjoyed listening. A very fitting end to an epic adventure game. It reminds me a bit of the type of the score at the end of Star Fox 64 for the good old Nintendo 64, if you've ever had the opportunity to play, hahaha. As an eight year old playing one felt so accomplished when they finally finished. The music gave you a sense of completion, but yet a sense that there would be more adventure in the future. Thanks for bringing me back, hahaha.

Once again, great score, I really enjoyed it.

Awesome orchestration and creative writing.

Loved the percussion, especially the cymbal work. It all
    supported your great melodic lines so well. The rendering
    on this is absolutely terrific.

Just loved the whole "flight."

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

This was a very well constructed piece. Great Orchestration and great rendering.

I think it fits very well into your proposed game.

Well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

a nice and great composition and orchestration you did!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Splendid writing, sounds more like the soundtrack to a movie than a game. But then again, that is what you were after, the feeling of expanse and grandure. Great production and use of the sound libraries.

Thumbs up Re: Starflight Ending Credits!

Very professional, Chris! Fantastic rendering! Wow!

The sound effects are at the right place also!

This was a forceful journey!

Quite exciting stuff - Well done Chris! I could only listen with my headphones and the balance seemed off but please don't worry as all my music seems off balance as well. Could be my ears! lol All that aside, the recording was quite good and very dynamic. Attention to detail pays off!

Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Since I never was very fond of computer games, I missed most of this kind of music. You gave me a seond change and I loved it. Beginning to play computer games at the age of almost 65 is a bit overdone, but now I heard what I've missed in my life (kidding).

It is awesome.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast