• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! My GPO has diarrhea! :)

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Help! My GPO has diarrhea! :)

Hi y'all,

I just installed GPO and JABB on my new Dell laptop (Vista). Now everything sounds like a far eastern sitar with diarrhea. Can anyone please help?

I installed the old original CDs. All was okay I think. Then I forgot to add the notation sets, so I ran setup again and just checked NOTATION. Now every sound is garbled beyond recognition. I tried updating ot KP2, no help.

Any ideas would be sooooo appreciated. Now where did I put the Pepto???

Muffit
    ===========
    Affectionately,
    Muffit (narrow)

http://www.muffitland.com

"So long as we employ our hearts, the value of all we touch remains secure" - Muffit

Re: Help! My GPO has diarrhea! :)

Ahh... found it! (Gee, am I talking to myself again?)
    I spell relief... "L_A_T_E_N_C_Y"
    The touch sensor is a little too touchy, musta accidentally dropped the latency down to around 7, which made my cheapo built-in Dell sound go crazy. All's well now. Well kinda. Anyone know how to make a laptop sound like a REAL computer? LOL. I miss my Delta card now...

Muffit (still open to ideas! )
    ===========
    Affectionately,
    Muffit (narrow)

"So long as we employ our hearts, the value of all we touch remains secure" - Muffit

Hi Narrow,

Get a USB or Firewire audio interface. They've come down in price lately, and you can get a good one for US$100-200. Many come with ASIO driver support, which is specifically designed for audio production and has the capability to run at latencies as low as 7ms.

The M-Audio Fast Track Pro, the E-MU 0404, and the Edirol UA-25 are the USB units I recommend. If you're interested in the firewire route, check out the Focusrite Saffire line, the Presonus Firebox, and the Edirol FA-66.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

For issues such as these, our tech support recommends...

OMG! Mr. Garritan, you are so funny!!

Thanks so much Reegs, I will definitely check those out. I loved ASIO so would really like to have that ability back. Thanks!

And thanks Jon! I was hoping it would attract some attention (the squeaky @#$% gets the grease, ROTFL ).

Honestly!! It DID sound like diarrhea!! I kept thinkin', what did I have for dinner anywho??? At first I thought it was just the horns (toots=audible diarrhea), so I tried Vibes (okay I musta had a one track mind last night). But when my Steinway started lettin' loose, I said to myself, this can't be right! ("It wasn't me!!")

Luckily the same slip of the hand on Kontakt 2 options enlightened me- phew!! I tell ya, someone outta release a HUMAN ORCHESTRAL library with all the gastric and other such horns and whistles we can produce a capella!!!

Thanks all, you're wonderful!
    Muffit aka narrow aka Kay O'Pectate
    ===========
    Affectionately,
    Muffit (narrow)

Quote Originally Posted by narrow View Post
    I tell ya, someone outta release a HUMAN ORCHESTRAL library with all the gastric and other such horns and whistles we can produce a capella!!!
    It has been done!
    Sonivox Anatomy

Cheers,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum