• Register
  • Help

Topic: My performance of Kowalski's Firefly Etude #4

Share/Bookmark

My performance of Kowalski's Firefly Etude #4

Hi guys,

I wanted to post a small thing I've done today.

Jamie Kowalski: Firefly Etude #4

Checking my computer I found the score of the Firefly Etudes Jamie Kowalski brought us some time ago. I printed the score and I started to play that. I finished the #4 and this is the result. Hope you'll enjoy (in particular the composer ).

Best regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: My performance of Kowalski's Firefly Etude #4

Andrea:

Very nice performance. I'm sure Jamie will be very pleased
    to know that his music is being performed internationally.

Jamie Kowalski is one our finest composers and his versatility
    in ensemble composition as well as solo works is to be
    admired by all.

Thank you for doing this, Andrea.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thumbs up Re: My performance of Kowalski's Firefly Etude #4

That was great, Andrea! The sound quality of youtube is kindas low, but i would like to see more live performances from menbers, like this, very enjoyable!

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm very happy you enjoyed this little thing. As for more live performances by our members, I totally agree! It's even an ulterior method to make more known our music. Maybe a lot of our members don't need this, but someone, like me, a 18-years-old student, who has written more than 90 complete operas (and it's not supposed to end there!), would really like his music to be known. My objective, for now, it's to make live performances (time by time) to "tribute" our members (for the series "Who's next?"). I think it' is a great idea and I would like to know if you agree. Again, thanks for the comments. That's all for now.

Best Regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

Andrea,

Thank you for lending your talent to my work. It was a wonderful surprise to find this thread today. I appreciate your spending the time to learn this etude. I don't know that I've been played in Italy before, so you have an exclusive!

The performance is very good indeed, even if the youtube quality isn't the best. The interpretation is on the mark and you show the patience and gentle touch this particular piece calls for. In some ways the counterpoint is modeled after the Bach three-part inventions, but with a number of "curve balls" that you handle quite well. It's probably better than I could do myself, to be honest.

Many thanks for learning and performing my music, and especially for taking the time to record and post the video here.

- Jamie
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Jamie,

it's a great honor to recieve these compliments from you. I like a lot your music, and studying it is a great pleasure. Firefly etudes and The Cornell Boxes suite are my favourites. I'm glad you liked my performance. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Andrea.

What a great idea! Yes, we need more of these. (I can't since I don't have a video camera.) It's nice to see our members at work! A nice performance too.

Regards
    Owen

Go Back to forum