• Register
  • Help

Topic: At my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation

At my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation

My wife and I went to San Diego last week to see our youngest son, John Mark graduate from MCRD on Friday. He has changed remarkably. He shipped out on July 1 weighing 212 lbs. Now he is 172 and and looks awesome. Our middle son graduated from MCRD 2 years (in Ramadi now) but was already a very buff guy.

While there someone came up to me and asked about my University of Evansville T-shirt. He was from Evansville and we had a nice talk. He then asked if I had a GRANDSON graduating from boot camp! My wife and family LOVED that one.

I told him I was 57 on Sunday, so no grandchildren nearly old enough to be there. I am telling my fellow teachers about that one - they love it!

So I now have my oldest son in full-time Army National Guard and two in the Marines. By this time next year I may have all three in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Life just keeps rolling on by. We are very proud of our boys.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

NW Illinois

Re: At my son's Marine Boot Camp Graduation

Congratulations on your son's graduation. I know you're extremely proud of them and I pray for their safety and for all of the members of our armed forces. Please thank them on my behalf for serving our country in these tough times.

South of the Ohio River

+1 to Jeff's comments. In all the disagreements over whether or not we ought to be there, we too often forget to remember those who are there, willingly doing their jobs. Thanks to you and your sons.
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Thank your sons for me for their service to our country.

Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

I am also proud of your "boys". May they return home safely. Express my appreciation to them for their devotion to our country and for their sacrifice.

Larry G. Alexander

Your family is made of guts and steel

West Seneca, NY

Semper Fi !

Thanks to both parents and to the boys for their service. Praying for a safe return!

Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum