• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Questions re Garritan_Steinway_1.01.exe

Share/Bookmark

Questions re Garritan_Steinway_1.01.exe

Hi,
    In hopes of finding the update which we all await, I happened to find this file – Garritan_Steinway_1.01.exe – under the 'support' button for the standalone Steinway v1.0. (Separate files are there for PC and Mac.) Anyway, after downloading it to my disc, I double-clicked to see if it would unzip and display some sort of 'readme' file, or information about it. Nada. It looks like a new installation (agree to terms, etc, check boxes to install VST etc) – similar, if not identical, to a first-time installation. Not wanting to waste another of the 4 installs total that we are allowed, I decided to be cautious and cancel out of it.
    Two questions: First, does installing V1.01 over an existing installation count as an additional 'install' (another 1 of the 4), or is it merely an update, which would leave the install counter at 1? Seems like it should be the latter, although it would be nice to have some assurance from Gary or David to that effect. Either that, or some documentation included in the download.
    Second, will installing V1.01 over V1.0 delete the various setup load files that I have already gone to the trouble to setup for myself, ie, all the variables (dials) set up the way I like them to be upon startup? Or will they still be retained as they were? That also would be nice to know before proceeding blindly with what appears to be a new installation.
    Please, Gary or David, if you could let me know I sure would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Bob V

Re: Questions re Garritan_Steinway_1.01.exe

Hi

The 1.01 is an Installer/Updater hybrid. If you already have Steinway Installed, it just updates all components to 1.01. This doesn't "take any number of installs" away.
    If you just got Steinway and you havent installed anything yet, you can directly
    start with 1.01. (im not fond of incremental update steps) Granted, in future "update"
    we will try to change the text that is shown to "update" when we detect a previous install.

This particular update consist mostly of bug fixes in the various plugin components,
    and does not change the sound programming - which will be part of the 1.02 update.
    The revision history appears in the Mac installer, but not in the Windows 1.01 exe

Here is the equivalent PC version

Standalone
    Fixed: Scrubbing MIDI file player glitches
    Fixed: "I can't get any other output Audio pairs than 1/2"

SteinwayVST
    Fixed : Now OMNI

SteinwayRTAS.dpm
    Fixed : Various memory/performance problems.

Steinway Sample Manager.app.zip
    Added: Supports Pro/Std/Basic
    Fixed: Move perspective

And other various under the hood fixes to ARIA.

So short version:

You dont have to uninstall 1.0 first
    You dont have to uninstall the samples (the updater uses what was there before)
    You dont have to backup your "save as default" settings.

Cheers!
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thank you, David, for the information.
    I can now proceed confidently with the install / update to V1.01.

Bob V

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    which will be part of the 1.02 update.
    ... which will beeeeeeeeee????

Oh what a tease this was!

I cannot find this update

Raymond

I absolutely love Plogue Bidule.
    Between Garritans years of experience in sampling, and Bidule's 100% stability, I have high hopes of success w/ the ARIA engine.
    If somebody would just guarentee me that the pedals will work someday I would buy this now.
    Seb @ Plogue has always answered emails and sent logs very quickly.
    That is what I call real " support ". I found a duplicate dll. bug using Muse & GVI and between Tascam and Plogue the fix came as an update within 12 hours !! GVI3.63 I believe.

Pedals by NAMM 2009?...........
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    I cannot find this update

Raymond
    Raymond,
    If you're referring to the Steinway V1.01 file, it's available from the Steinway standalone 'info' tab by pressing the 'support' button. Listed under Latest Updates.
    Bob V

Quote Originally Posted by Studio V View Post
    Raymond,
    If you're referring to the Steinway V1.01 file, it's available from the Steinway standalone 'info' tab by pressing the 'support' button. Listed under Latest Updates.
    Bob V
    Can you provide a link? I'm not finding it either and my DAW is not connected to the 'net. Thanks.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    www.garritan.biz

login with the info you registered with and the download will be available.

Jon
    Thanks, Jon.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Thanks for the info.

I'd like to recommend that someone post an official announcement. I would not have found this update unless I read this thread.

Sergio

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast