• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adding multisamples to Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Adding multisamples to Omnisphere

Is it possible in the Sound Source Browser to add your own sounds? Does Omnisphere read other sound formats like Kontakt or EXS? Can you import wav or AIFF?

The file format in the Library / Application Support / Spectrasonics / STEAM / Omnisphere / Soundsources / Factory / Core Library path is ".db" which doesn't tell me anything. However, the fact that it says "Factory" makes me think there can be "User" sounds too?

Re: Adding multisamples to Omnisphere

Quote Originally Posted by JMDNYC View Post
    Is it possible in the Sound Source Browser to add your own sounds? Does Omnisphere read other sound formats like Kontakt or EXS? Can you import wav or AIFF?

The file format in the Library / Application Support / Spectrasonics / STEAM / Omnisphere / Soundsources / Factory / Core Library path is ".db" which doesn't tell me anything. However, the fact that it says "Factory" makes me think there can be "User" sounds too?
    Not possible at this time.

If you can't add your own sounds then it would be nice if expansion packs were offered down the line. I love the way the strings and the acoustic guitars sound -- I don't know if it's the envelopes or the effects or the STEAM engine or something else. I would love to hear the same treatment given to woodwind and brass samples. I would gladly buy an orchestral expansion to Omnisphere, even though this is probably not its primary purpose or market.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDNYC View Post
    If you can't add your own sounds then it would be nice if expansion packs were offered down the line. I love the way the strings and the acoustic guitars sound -- I don't know if it's the envelopes or the effects or the STEAM engine or something else. I would love to hear the same treatment given to woodwind and brass samples. I would gladly buy an orchestral expansion to Omnisphere, even though this is probably not its primary purpose or market.
    I do believe thats the whole idea,..... to sell you expansion packs. My guess is that in two years , if at all, they will open it up to any sample. Personally I'd just open it up, and still sell the expansion packs. I'd still buy the expansion packs, as long as it didn't have any more bell sounds.

Go Back to forum