• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: S.O.S from Iceland

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy S.O.S from Iceland

Due to the meltdown of Icelands economy which leaves me without most of my savings I please ask you to consider to buy something from my websites and if you would like a fine art print of any of my photographs on Icelandphotoblog.com but isn't available on my fine art print store just feel free to contact me and I will make it available ASAP!

The situation past two weeks has left the nation in shock and economical speaking probably 20-30 years back or more. Our currency has lost 70% of its value against the USD and 80-90% against the EURO!

I don't like begging but at least you will get something in return for your hard earned money.
    Let me know if you think the price is too high/low. I want you to be satisfied and happy with your buy!

My situation was very good before the weekend (had good savings and almost debt free) but after the weekend my savings and investments are almost all gone and I'm left with more debt than savings. Fortunatly I still have a job but for how long nobody knows!

My future plans are now in ruins and now I need to find a ground to build another future on. That's why I'm turning to all my internet friends and hopefully someone can help. Every USD or EURO helps!

Enough assistance will also keep me able to continue my websites and keep photographing and making music for your enjoyments.

Thank you in advance!

Ps. I will keep you updated on the progress here in Iceland. If you have ever considered to come to Iceland - now is the time!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: S.O.S from Iceland

The greed and misuse of others have far reaching consequences. I am very sorry to hear of your situation personally and for your country! My prayers are for this to end some time soon before the world is thrown into total mayhem!
    Admitting that I haven't felt the effects so drastic as my dear friends but I am not immune.

My friend, let me share with you something I learned years ago when times roller coastered for me, "Tough times never last tough people do!"

Let's see whatcha got!
    Styxx

British savers with Icesave have just been informed they cannot withdraw their money (or indeed make any further deposits - hahahahaha). At the same time, RBS aka NatWest share price crashed by up to 40% this morning at one stage. Think of it as a buying opportunity - Wahhahahaha!

Falcon - how much do want for it?

Iceland I mean.

Aw crap. The fall of western civilization is starting

I'll check your works out, although our flat is filled to capacity and Ive no idea where I could hang it

How about a Paypal donation link or something?

Best wishes, Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphal View Post
    Aw crap. The fall of western civilization is starting

I'll check your works out, although our flat is filled to capacity and Ive no idea where I could hang it

How about a Paypal donation link or something?

Best wishes, Matt
    Not yet. At least another 50 of 70 years of turmoil before the fall.
    Styxx

Now we see one of your banks is bust. you need to hang in there and hope for the best.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Hraunfossar VII - Didn't have time to see if you have this one up for sale. ?? This really struck me and would look awesome in my home studio. Yes? No? Yes, yes,yes,???
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Not yet. At least another 50 of 70 years of turmoil before the fall.
    The important question is when the new Rome will be burning will the fiddle be real or a VST?

Hang in there Falcon1, these are crazy times. I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    The important question is when the new Rome will be burning will the fiddle be real or a VST?

Sincerely,

Darren
    Either way it will be made in China.
    Styxx

Update: situation is going worse all the time and 2 out of 3 are nearly bankrupt and the 3rd one is struggling for its life. The ISK keeps falling and now there's as many rates on it as banks are many.

I have created a webpage which contains all the information and I will try to put news on it if something happens for better or worse... can't get much worse than this I think though and hope! The url to it is http://www.icelandphotoblog.com/SOS-...photoblog.html
    Matt, there you can find a Paypal donation link.

buckshead, they are now two.

Ern, thank you very much! Yes, I do large prints up to 60x40 (USA size) through my store at http://falconcreations.imagekind.com but if you want larger I will need to check that out.

Styxx, I have made Hraunfossar VII available on my fine art store - http://falconcreations.imagekind.com/

Please feel free to ask me any questions you like! Hope I have answered all your questions so far.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum