• Register
  • Help

Topic: A new project: Overture

Share/Bookmark

A new project: Overture

Hi guys,

It's just 6 months I founded a rock band and it's a period I'm listening a lot of various music, in particular, classical, soundtrack, jazz and rock of every kind. Just yesterday I wrote this overture for a new project I'm working on. It's an experiment, we can say. And surely, this work features GPO, as always. It's short, because of its "introductive" nature. Hope you'll enjoy.

The End of the World: 1. Overture

Best regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: A new project: Overture

Nice mix of guitar, organ, and orchestra. It's really nice to hear all those sounds meshing together. I especially like the guitar tone -- it suits the piece very well.

I can't quite put my finger on why, but the guitar reminds me of some live Steve Howe (Yes) solos from the mid-70s.

This sounds like it could lead in so many interesting directions -- I hope that you post an update when you have more!
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

What great personality you gave to the guitar sound! It´s sound great, i encourage you to continue your project, is very original a rock guitar inside a baroque mood.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkeyboard View Post
    What great personality you gave to the guitar sound! It´s sound great, i encourage you to continue your project, is very original a rock guitar inside a baroque mood.
    I'm surely going to continue this project. I've a lot of things in mind. I have to say that in this intro the ensemble is not complete. In the successive tracks there'll be a lot of unusual things. My objective for this thing is to mix different styles of music (for exemple, classic orchestra + rock band and some other mixes). It's ambitious as project and I hope to complete this in the best way.

Best,

Andrea
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

Very nice Andrea. I think it is well worth pursuing.

You have introduced a new combination of rock instrument
    and symphonic ensemble. I haven't heard many new
    combinations like this, but it is interesting.

Please continue writing. I would like to hear some
    development.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I very much liked the piece. Do you know what it reminded me of, just a bit? The opening of JC Superstar. Organ and orchestra, but featuring an electric guitar for the melody. It felt similar to me.

Nicely done.

I noticed that most of you think that there's an organ playing, but the reality is that THERE IS NO ORGAN AT ALL!!! The "pipe-organ effect" is made by the fusion of the sound of brass and bassoons with the low register D minor chord of the electric guitar. In the basic version of the guitar I used (MusicLab RealStrat) there's not that effect. Thanks to NI Guitar Rig 3 I used an aggressive classic rock sound that, with brass and bassoons which sounds are naturally "biting", creates this effect. That was for clarification. Thank you all for the comments. I'm happy you find interesting my idea.

Best Regards to you all.

Andrea

Experiment, indeed -- and a most successful one, I think.

There's very little (at least of which I'm aware) that seeks
    to blend the brash sounds of some modern instruments
    with traditional orchestra. Yet, in virtuosic hands, there
    are few instruments more expressive than, say, an acid
    rock guitar. (Yes, I'm serious.)

Andrea, I think you're on a potentially very productive
    path with this. Stick with it!

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com