• Register
  • Help

Topic: Automation problems with Omnisphere in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Automation problems with Omnisphere in Sonar

I'm having big trouble automating Omnisphere in Sonar. When I click the "Automation Write" button in Omnisphere's plugin window so it turns red, Sonar just freezes when I hit play. It takes about a minute before it starts playing. But when I move Omnisphere's knobs or sliders, no automation is being written. It also freezes when I hit stop.

When I open the "Envelope Exists" list for Omnisphere, I see that the different parameters are just labeled with nummbers. 1-14343(!!!) to be exact. I figured out parameter 1-8 are the levels for Omnisphers's 8 parts.

So my question: Does anybody know which of the other 14335 parameters controls cutoff and resonance?

Thanks.

Re: Automation problems with Omnisphere in Sonar

Problems with automation in Sonar was up before in this forum, http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=63097

GlennO from Spectrasonics answered and referred to Cakewalk, so maybe you should put your question in the Cakewalk forum, http://forum.cakewalk.com/tt.asp?forumid=5

Cakewalk is aware of the freeze problem and they are working on it.

If you want to automate cutoff, right click on it and choose "Enable Host Automation". It will then show up in SONAR's list of automatable parameters for Omnisphere.

- Glenn

Thanks! It's already posted on the Cakewalk forum. I thought I just check on the forums before e-mailing spectrasonics.

Thanks, GlennO! I'll check it out when I get home. I see alot of people have trouble with load time and crashes with Omnisphere. So far the automation write enable function in Sonar is the only problem I've encountered.

Excuse me?! I see one report of a crash in SONAR on the Cakewalk forum. There were a couple of people who reported startup times of a minute or more, but that was fixed in Omnisphere 1.0.1. There is an FAQ on support.spectrasonics.net about audio glitches when using the XRay feature in SONAR. While you're there, check out the optimization tips for Windows.

- Glenn

Also, could you do me a favor and post the answer to your question in your thread on the Cakewalk forum? Thanks.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum