• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: no problems with Omnisphere here

Share/Bookmark

no problems with Omnisphere here

Just finished loading Omnisphere and all the updates. I'm on a Dell Core 2 duo with 3 gigs ram. Using Sonar 5 PE. (just never bothered to update). It loads in about 8 seconds and patches load in about 2 seconds. There is so much here to explore.

Dave M.

Update: I loaded one of the larger patches and used Altiverb to see what would happen. CPU ran about 16% when playing quick notes in succession. To me it seems about the same as GVI load wise. Haven't tryed Live Play or Stacking yet.

Re: no problems with Omnisphere here

Great to hear it! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by commalot View Post
    Update: Haven't tryed Live Play or Stacking yet.
    Uh yeah you might want to try actually using the app,before you get comfortable,come back in about two weeks after really using the app.. And report your findings,it's one thing to load up a few patches and all,but it's another thing when your trying to make music and track in instruments.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
    Uh yeah you might want to try actually using the app,before you get comfortable,come back in about two weeks after really using the app.. And report your findings,it's one thing to load up a few patches and all,but it's another thing when your trying to make music and track in instruments.
    i signed up just to answer this (well, omnisphere is on its way to me, so i figure i should hang out here anyhow).

it really saddens me to hear how some people (i say some people, because you don't hear anything from the hundreds who are happy) call an instrument useless because it can't do this and that; too much CPU, too slow bla bla. this is a brand new concept in synthesis and sound manupialtion. ofcourse it will be CPU heavy. AND, it was made for computers - which come in thousands of different configurations with hundreds of differnt manufacturing parts. how do you expect something to work flawlessly with every single possible setup?

no offense to you bobbyland, i do not doubt that your frustrations are real.. and you most likely look for omnisphere to yield different results than what i am after. i suspect omnishpere will really hog my CPU, and i expect that perhaps i can only use one instance and/or single sound at the time. but if this is the case - so what? i will just render my midi data to audio, then move on to with the next part of the song. a bit more work you say.. sure, making music _is_ hard work.

what i have heard from omnisphere so far fits the kind of sounds i like to work with like nothing i have ever heard before, so just being able to USE those sounds will make my music far more interesting. and there is no way in hell little bugs or a few memory leaks or whatnot is going to stop me from enjoying that part of it.

my $0.02

cheers,
    klaus

It's working seamlessly for me. I've been using it heavily for a few weeks scoring a number of documentaries and have not yet encountered any problems.

Klaus,
    Indeed it's a beautiful plug.Try and see..I'm just reporting my findings,and I don't think it's fair to dismiss a complaint if it's fair.For one who uses Omni everyday,I speak only on behalf of my system,maybe it's just my system.
    Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Harvey View Post
    It's working seamlessly for me. I've been using it heavily for a few weeks scoring a number of documentaries and have not yet encountered any problems.
    Great.. Sounds good.I on the other hand have had a bunch of crashes etc.. We have already got tracks finished with Omni for upcoming projects too, but indeed there are some issues..I'm telling the side of a pc user though,and mac users may not experience this,are you on a mac? Again, maybe it's just my Pc thats has been otherwise rock solid and stable..

Sorry if some are taking it the wrong way,I'm at a lost for words how a freshly formatted system with all latest and tested drivers and stable before omni can just work perfect,and then Omni causes these crashes within c4 when removing the instance to free up cpu. Either way if your happy than I'm happy for you,but please install the plug and use it before you make a call,especially if your on a pc... Besides waiting 30 seconds to load a plug in is what? I'd still say it's unacceptable..

Great.. Sounds good.I on the other hand have had a bunch of crashes etc.. We have already got tracks finished with Omni for upcoming projects too, but indeed there are some issues..I'm telling the side of a pc user though,and mac users may not experience this,are you on a mac? Again, maybe it's just my Pc thats has been otherwise rock solid and stable..
    Yep, I'm on a Mac. Unfortunately for you, it does seem, at least from the numerous threads here, that there are significantlty more PC-based problems than Mac-based ones.

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time with it. I'm sure Spectrasonics are working round the clock to rectify the issues.

Thanks Nick, no sweat. Look forward to hearing some of the work you get done,please let us know when your doc's are out..

Klaus,
    Indeed it's a beautiful plug.Try and see..I'm just reporting my findings,and I don't think it's fair to dismiss a complaint if it's fair.For one who uses Omni everyday,I speak only on behalf of my system,maybe it's just my system.
    Ofcourse, it is great to have issues reported so that the dev team can rectify if possible.. what would developers do without feedback from their users?

My point was, allthough not well written, that it should be possible to create wonderful music with the plug despite its flaws. I am sure Spectrasonics are hard at work trying to work out any glitches. For such a massive instrument, it could take a while before it is 100% reliable on *most* systems.

Cheers m8

Go Back to forum