• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

    I have installed C&MB and finale recognizes the package in the document set-up wizard but will not see the package in the setup channels or instrument selection from within the change instruments.

    The file that I have loaded into the VST folder of Finale is:
    ConcertMarchingBandInstrument.txt

    I think I am missing a .dll file but don't have it on my computer as I uninstalled previous versions of Finale after updating to 2009.

    Can anyone verify if I am missing a file and or send me that missing file.

    I also have J&BB installed & that is working fine. I also seem to have lost my personal orchestra.....has that been replaced with the Garritan Instruments for Finale 2009?

    The files in total in my FinaleVST folder are:

    ConcertMarchingBandInstrument.txt
    FinaleVST_Loadcrumb.txt
    FinaleVST_Validated.txt
    Garritan Ambience.dll
    Garritan JazzVST.dll
    GarritanInstrumentsFinale2k9VST_x86.dll
    GarritanJazzinstrument.txt
    GIF2k9instrument.txt
    softsynth_vst.dll
    TapSpaceinstrument.txt


    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Furn View Post
    I have installed C&MB and finale recognizes the package in the document set-up wizard but will not see the package in the setup channels or instrument selection from within the change instruments.

    The file that I have loaded into the VST folder of Finale is:
    ConcertMarchingBandInstrument.txt

    I think I am missing a .dll file but don't have it on my computer as I uninstalled previous versions of Finale after updating to 2009.

    Can anyone verify if I am missing a file and or send me that missing file.

    I also have J&BB installed & that is working fine. I also seem to have lost my personal orchestra.....has that been replaced with the Garritan Instruments for Finale 2009?

    The files in total in my FinaleVST folder are:

    ConcertMarchingBandInstrument.txt
    FinaleVST_Loadcrumb.txt
    FinaleVST_Validated.txt
    Garritan Ambience.dll
    Garritan JazzVST.dll
    GarritanInstrumentsFinale2k9VST_x86.dll
    GarritanJazzinstrument.txt
    GIF2k9instrument.txt
    softsynth_vst.dll
    TapSpaceinstrument.txt


    Thanks
    Hello Furn,

    You seem to have missing the following two files:

    KontaktPlayer2.dll
    gpofull2instrument.txt

    Without the KontaktPlayer2.dll none of the Garritan libraries will work at all in Finale, including those bundled with Finale 09. You say that JaBB is working in Finale. If this is the case then you must have the KontaktPlayer2.dll installed somewhere and that JaBB is pointing to this when you use JaBB in Finale.

    Finding the KontaktPlayer2.dll
    Even though you uninstalled all previous versions of Finale, you still may have a folder for an earlier version in your C:\Program Files. If this is the case then you may well find the two missing files in that folder (Finale VST folder).

    If you have uninstalled everything and you have just the Finale 09 folder, then you should find the KontaktPlayer2.dll in your C:\Program Files\Vstplugins folder. Just copy this file and paste it into your C:\Program Files\Finale 2009\FinaleVST folder. If you don't have this folder then try a search of your system as this file should be on your computer if you have installed correctly the Garritan libraries.

    Finding the gpofull2instrument.txt
    You can get the gpofull2instrument.txt file on the Finale site link below; scroll down to Carla's post, 5th one down:

    http://forum.makemusic.com/default.a...183543#m183543

    For this file you will need to right-click on the link and select 'Save Link As' and point this to your C:\Program Files\Finale 2009\FinaleVST or just save it to your desktop then copy and paste into the VST folder.

    Here's hoping the above information will sort things out for you. Please let us know how you get on.

    Good luck
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  3. #3

    Re: Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

    Thanks Michael, You are a gem . Sorry I didn't reply earlier but in my frustration I was just using another instrument from J&BB but it wasn't the same. Remembered I had posted this request & thought I would see if anyone had replied. And you had!

    Should the C&MB show in the manage VST setup dropdown or should it just come up as Kontakt 2 Player?

  4. #4

    Re: Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Furn View Post
    Thanks Michael, You are a gem . Sorry I didn't reply earlier but in my frustration I was just using another instrument from J&BB but it wasn't the same. Remembered I had posted this request & thought I would see if anyone had replied. And you had!

    Should the C&MB show in the manage VST setup dropdown or should it just come up as Kontakt 2 Player?
    Hello again Furn,

    As long as Kontakt Player 2 is showing in that list then that should be fine.

    To double check that CoMB is now working in finale 09, as well as GPO and JaBB for that matter, just try using the finale 09 Setup Wizard to set up a trial score as follows.

    (1) Open Finale 09.
    (2) Go to File\New\Document with Setup wizard.
    (3) The 'Document Setup Wizard - Select an Ensemble and Document Style' window should open.
    (4) Just click on 'Next' to accept the default document style for now.
    (5) The 'Document wizard - Add or Delete Instrument/s' window should open.
    (6) Go to the 'Instrument Set' options and click on the arrowhead to expand the dialogue.
    (7) You should see options for the 'full' GPO, JaBB and CoMB' listed there as well as the Finale sets.
    (8) just select any of GPO, JaBB and CoMB and the instruments should open in the window below.
    (9) Just select any of the instruemts and click 'Add'. Add as many as you want.
    (10) Just click 'Next' and Finale should open a blank score with the instruments you selected ready to go.

    If any of your libraries still are missing or don't load, please post back and we'll invetigate further.

    Good luck
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

    As a new owner of Finale 2009, I was having the same problem. Thank you for your input.

  6. #6

    Re: Concert & Marching Band in Finale 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    As a new owner of Finale 2009, I was having the same problem. Thank you for your input.
    Hello Tom,

    Glad to be of some help.

    I hope everything is working for you now.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •