• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Stylus RMX periodically loses all settings in SONAR

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX periodically loses all settings in SONAR

Periodically, when loading up a previously-saved project containing Stylus RMX in SONAR, all loaded banks and settings are completely gone from RMX.

I've been resorting to taking screen captures of the mixer view - while others save the settings for each project - in the event that the settings suddenly vanish.

But these approaches are obviously workarounds for something that should be working in the first place - so really hope this can be addressed in an upcoming Stylus RMX patch!

Re: Stylus RMX periodically loses all settings in SONAR

This actually happens to me in FL Studio as well. I've been working for months with the tech support there on it, as I assumed it was an FL problem. It definitely did not always happen, only after I updated to the latest version of FL.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

That's interesting - thanks for sharing. It could point to the problem being RMX- rather than host-related. Did you talk to Spectrasonics support about the issue?

On an older machine, the problem started to appear after a while - and on my current setup, it also took a while before the problem began to appear. Can't point to anything specific I did to set it off, though I seem to recall running the latest version of RMX on both machines.

I have not reported it - still working with the FL folks to get it resolved first. This never happened to me even once on my last computer (Pentium 4 3ghz, 2gb RAM) and I believe it only started happening on THIS computer (Dual core upgraded to a quad) within the last 6-8 months or so. Really have no idea what it could possibly be, but it's very frustrating as it actually happens every single time with a certain project I'm working on right now.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Just an update on this: I'm still experiencing the lost settings issue - really hope this issue is being addressed for the 1.7 release of RMX!

I too have experienced it in Nuendo on the PC.
    I think it only started happening to me around the time that I installed omnisphere (which has done it once as well).
    Support have told me to remove a certain file to reauthorise and since then it hasn't happened so far, but they asked me to report back if it has which gives me the impression that they aren't sure that is the fix. But what I have started back doing is saving multis for each project.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

It happened to me and some of my friends in cubase sx 3. Started to save a multi for each project me too.

Thanks for the comments! From what I can gather

A) Quite a few users are affected by this - some are resorting to workarounds such as saving multi's for each project. In my case, I have several hundred projects coming through a year, and saving a multi for each project is quote laborous and quickly becomes hard to manage.

B) The problem doesn't seem to be host-related, as users in several different hosts are reporting the issue.

C) Perhaps Spectrasonics is not quite sure what's causing the problem (or it would have been addressed by now). If that's the case, it'd be good if everyone experiencing it could let tech support know about when and how it happens, so they can hopefully find a permanent solution.

And if it's not fixed in 1.7, then perhaps a temporary solution such as RMX autosaving its settings every x minutes could be implemented - so you won't be back to square one when the problem arises - until a full fix is in place.

Anyone from Spectrasonics care to chime in on this?

I actually save it as a preset in my DAW (I stopped doing the multis for every project)... and that is fairly easy to do.
    But yes I did get the impression that they weren't sure what the cause was and it needs to be fixed.
    And like I mentioned above Omnisphere has done it to me once so far.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Be sure to contact tech support about this issue with your serial number and they can help you directly.

info@spectrasonics.net

Go Back to forum