• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Select guitars by Lyrical Distortion

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Select guitars by Lyrical Distortion

Lyrical Distortion is proud to release it's Select guitar library series for use with Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2 or better.
    Available via direct download.

The Select guitar series is designed to deliver some serious tone with ease.
    Select's were recorded direct for use with any amp sim (Guitar Rig, Amplitube, Revalver, POD, etc) or can even be routed into a real amp
    All guitars come with the option of using it's different the pickup selects, as well as controllable guitar volume and tone knobs.
    With the addition of fully featured scripting, Selects are designed for performance as well as ease at sequencing.
    Some of the scripted features include:
    - Auto Legato
    - Auto Slides
    - Auto Trill
    - plus much more

All articulations feature four variations for swift realistic guitar ripping with out the dreaded chainsaw effect.

the Select guitars

Wicked Select $89: a Gretsch “Brian Setzer Nashville” electric guitar.
    pdf manual
    Demos
    Shore of Wonders by Theodor Krueger
    Trains to Nowhere but home by Theodor Krueger

'73 Strat Select $79: a 1973 Fender Stratocaster guitar
    pdf manual
    Demos
    '73 was the Year by Theodor Krueger
    Devil's Hill by Aaron Dirk

LDi Select $79: a 1994 PRS Custom22 electric guitar
    pdf manual
    Demos
    Eye of the Cyclone by Theodor Krueger
    Wind in Rage by Theodor Krueger

Select Bundle $199
    Save with the Select Bundle featuring the Wicked Select, LDi Select, '73 Strat Select.
    Plus Bonus GunslingerADi Select, a 1989 BC Rich Gunslinger, with selects of heavy pick or metal pick.
    This bundle offers a wide array of guitar tones from, hollow body tone, to humbucker tones, to single coil tone, to hot pickup tones.

For more information, please visit www.LyricalDistortion.com

Re: Select guitars by Lyrical Distortion

Wishing you the greatest of success, Aaron and team!!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    Good luck Aaron and Nice to C U Francis any news about Soprano Choirs ?

REgards.
    With all due respect to F. Belardino (and i'm one of his satisfied customers), this question, ,coming so soon in a thread, sounds to me like a an unappropriate one, and even like some kind of potential and disrespectful hijack for a new developer's announcement : the topic here is Guitars, not Choirs, is'nt it ?.......

Aaron, I purchased your bundle yesterday night (I'm a real sucker for sampled guitars), and will install it during week-end.

Looking forward to finding out about what you did since LD and Gunzlinger (but your mp3 demos give me a hint...).

Question Re: Select guitars by Lyrical Distortion

Rock on, Dirk!

Please keep us posted sibelldogs about the Guitars.
    I have many myself and always enjoy something new.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Are you kidding me? I can only assume that you are not accusing Bela D Media of hijacking a post. If you are, that is beyond outrageous!!! Let' see if Aaron thinks thinks that is what Bela D is doing. Give him some time to reply as he may be rolling on the floor!

Unless I am reading you wrong ... ?
    Sorry Bela,
    there was absolutely nothing about you : Shakuman posted something (as quoted in my post), stating he was glad to hear from you, and requesting news about the Soprano's sequel.
    THAT sounded unappropriate to me, in the context of Aaron's annoucement.
    I indeed too often saw this kind of treads diverting from their original topic, something I always felt as not respectful for somebody's efforts (being yourself in this industry, I'm sure you understand) , and that time I just felt I had to tell it.

I never misunderstood your own post, taking it only as an upfront "welcome" to Aaron who, I believe, has been one of your partners.
    But I did feel it not right that somebody seize this as an opportunity just to get an update about another developer's upcoming libs.

And the poster, after reading me, likely felt the same, because he himself seems to have withdrawn his post.

But I'll be glad if you tell us (in another thread) how the rest of the Vocal Tools libs is going !!

I understand now. Thank you for explaining. I will remove my thread as well.

Oops, something happend here... .

Aaron Dirk, I can hear a beautiful sound here and there.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Wishing you the greatest of success, Aaron and team!!
    Hi Frank!
    Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog View Post
    With all due respect to F. Belardino (and i'm one of his satisfied customers), this question, ,coming so soon in a thread, sounds to me like a an unappropriate one, and even like some kind of potential and disrespectful hijack for a new developer's announcement : the topic here is Guitars, not Choirs, is'nt it ?.......

Aaron, I purchased your bundle yesterday night (I'm a real sucker for sampled guitars), and will install it during week-end.

Looking forward to finding out about what you did since LD and Gunzlinger (but your mp3 demos give me a hint...).
    Hi Sirbellog!
    Thank you so much for your purchase. We appreciate all of your kindness. We hope that you enjoy your new library!

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    Oops, something happend here... .

Aaron Dirk, I can hear a beautiful sound here and there.

Gunther
    Hi Gunther!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and listening to the demos. Please feel free to buy, buy, buy

Take Care All,
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
    Please keep us posted sibelldogs about the Guitars.
    I have many myself and always enjoy something new.
    As requested by scope4live, the first impressions.

Well, for now, my feelings are... mixed.

On the bright side :
    - the tone of the guitars is really sweet
    - the scripted hammer-ons, pull-offs, legato and slides globally give expected results.

BUT, there are several things I already miss deeply, although this might be just me and my lack of knowledge of the lib,
    I hope that Arron and Steph can tell us that I'm wrong :

-the most worrysome thing for me is that, as far as I can hear, there are NO release trails.... Maybe I've been spoiled with libs like Chris Heins' or Prominy's, but the sound of the string being released has become "this little something", along with subtle fret noises, which really makes me forget I play just a sampled guitar, and makes me feel more like it's the real thing. Here, every note ends the same "polite" way, which for me is very frustrating.
    Okay, if the guitar part is not exposed, and if the drums are loud in the mix, you're likely not to notice that.
    But for the performer playing at least, it makes a difference IMO.
    -there seems to be no vibrato notes (scripted or sampled), and the only way I found so far to get some "soul" on my notes seems to use the pitch bend very quickly and precisely, which is not always really handy in real time (for me at least), and even more for someone who likes vibrato a lot and often wants to get some of it. I wish there were a vibrato via aftertouch.
    -I did not find any real staccato articulation, and to my ears notes played short just don't make the same thing,
    -the "pick noise" makes unexpected er, noises, which IMO do not sound as believable pick noises, but more like just noise, this is my opinion anyway.
    -there is no chord script to be found, which (unsurprisingly) makes it quite a challenge to play a convincing rythm part "live", and calls for time consuming and awkward editing.
    -I can't really find a big difference in the various levels of velocity. I mean, it's next to impossible for me to produce either very soft notes or very loud ones. I can't -even approximately- guess by ear how many velocity layers per note there are (I'll have to check this in the editor). Yet I know for sure that my Kurzweil can definitely make very low and very velocities.

This being said, take all of it with several grains of salt, because it might be just me being too stupid to find all those "missing" features where they are in fact (although I read the -short- manuals to search for those things, in vain).

I do hope that the developers will show up to correct me, and I'll be delighted to be proven wrong.

And also do not forget :
    -the mp3 demos sound nice, so probably a more skilled player than me will make good things without finding as many shortcomings than I,
    -this is version 1 of the lib, so adding a few samples and/or a couple more scripts to accomodate the users' tastes and suggestions is not unlikely !

Go Back to forum