• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will Gigasampler work with my Computer soundcard?

Share/Bookmark

Will Gigasampler work with my Computer soundcard?

I\'ve been thinking about getting Gigasampler, but was wondering if it would work with the soundcard that\'s installed in my computer which is just the standard one it came with.
    I have a 400 MHZ Celeron processor, 64 megs ram, 8 gig hard drive.
    Thanks

Re: Will Gigasampler work with my Computer soundcard?

You might want to ask Nemesys tech support this question. Their web site is www.nemesysmusic.com, and after you go there you will find an E-mail address for their tech support department. In my experience it takes them roughly 2 days or so to get back to you, but I have found the quality of their support to be excellent.

If you don\'t want to bother with Nemesys tech support, their web site also lists in pretty good detail what kinds of sound cards (and other hardware requirements) are needed for GigaSampler. FWIW, I\'ve heard from several people on this forum that the best way to run GS is to dedicate an entire computer to it. Otherwise you may experience frequent crashes and/or audible pops and clicks.

-- E. Brown

Re: Will Gigasampler work with my Computer soundcard?

>>>>
    FWIW, I\'ve heard from several people on this forum that the best way to run GS is to dedicate an entire computer to it. Otherwise you may experience frequent crashes and/or audible pops and clicks.
    <<<<

A bit of misinformation there. GS will run fine alongside other programs, including sequencers, if you have enough horsepower and resources and have configured everything correctly. A Celeron based system running at 400MHz with a sub-10ms hard drive and 64MB of memory can run GS along with a sequencer that\'s using about 6-8 audio tracks (more or less), each with one simple effect (like EQ or reverb), without dropouts, clicks, or pops. Since GS sucks up such a large amount of CPU horsepower, it\'s always better to dedicate a seperate PC to it for the added flexibility, hence the recommendation for running it on its own PC.

Go Back to forum