• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omniphere, clear part

Share/Bookmark

Omniphere, clear part

How do I clear a part in omnisphere? Is not in the drop down utility menu.

Re: Omniphere, clear part

Hi.You can't...At least not yet..Read the support area at Spectrasonics..They recommend you make a patch from the default load and use that..Not exactly sure why they weren't capable of doing that and including it.. But it doesn't address the issue you mention..It still loses any settings you have made for the layer you wish to keep..So, hopefully soon there will be an update that addresses this one..

Seems like it should be a simple matter of having a soundsource that addresses this,so you can just load a blank soundsource..JON

I know, Part, Layer...It is still a new game..Part for the multi... Layer for the patch...Whenever..

All said..I created a patch from the default...Then in layer 2 (Empty )..ctrl/cliked and selected copy layer then selected layer 1 and ctrl/clikked paste layer...To create this patch you MUST start from a patch that you have ctrl.clikked and selected multi clear or you won't be able to copy the EMPTY layer into the first layer...J

I used a very poor workaround, copied an empty part and pasted it, but it worked. This should be a vary basic function, if you are experimenting with a part and then you decide that you are not going to be using it, you are stuck with it sucking up CPU, muting it won't stop having it suck up CPU.

Hi..OK, you got it..I didn't explain it clearly..Load a patch then select the soundsource using the ctrl/clik and selecting delete multi..Now in layer 2 ctrl/clik the empty soundsource and select copy layer..Then ctrl/clik layer 1 and select paste layer..Now rename the patch empty and save..I seem to remember that if a layer or part is muted it should not use any CPU..

Also in a previous thread I mentioned that there are allways 2 FX that are on for every patch..Aux1 and Aux2 in the multi are assigned to reverb and delay..As every patch is actually just the first channel of a multi this led be to surmise that there was CPU being used simply by the presence of those 2 FX..GlennO however said that as long as no signal is going to them there is no CPU due to them not having any input..

You can allways have reverb and delay to use on any patch..Open the multi screen and turn up aux 1 or 2 to see what I mean..Comes in handy if you need something like that quik.. JON

Thank you Jon, very helpful tips!

I am really enjoying Omnisphere, but it still puzzles me how such a basic necessity such as being able to delete a Part from a Multi got overlooked. I guess the folks at Spectrasonics were just having too much fun playing the wonderful patches from Omnisphere to notice.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Yeah no kidding.....as fast as it is to throw in part after part in Stylus and then pull one out at random without losing your flow......this whole workaround thing is not a great solution for me......hopefully they will fix this.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

No worries guys....it's on the way. :-)

Hooray!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Hi.There is another work around..It requires however that there is an empty or blank slot in one of the eight slots in a multi..ctrl/clik the empty part and select copy part..Then ctrl
    clik the part you want to get rid of and select paste part..Although not ideal it works here so it might make things easier for some one else also..JON

Go Back to forum