• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 7-8 and Stormdrum 2 CPU issue

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 7-8 and Stormdrum 2 CPU issue

Hello,
    Is anyone using SD2 and Sonar 7-8 on a quad core? I am experiencing drop outs and an unusually high CPU load on a single core(60-80% to overloading) when running this program. I have written Eastwest tech support a million times and they keep saying I should increase my buffer to 1024, which I did, make sure I am using the ASIO driver, which I do. So I am a bit frustrated and perplexed. There is no other program that makes my CPU run this high, and I am only running one instance of SD2 and nothing else.

Could this issue have anything to do with the paging file? I am running 3 gb of RAM.

Thanks for your input.

JL

Re: Sonar 7-8 and Stormdrum 2 CPU issue

Having more than 2GB of RAM is an issue for some applications running on PCs with 32-bit Windows XP. (See my earlier posts about this.)

Re: Sonar 7-8 and Stormdrum 2 CPU issue

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    Having more than 2GB of RAM is an issue for some applications running on PCs with 32-bit Windows XP. (See my earlier posts about this.)
    EJR,
    I read your earlier posts and they mostly refer to Dual Cores. Does your opinion about using only 2 gb of RAM extend to a Quad Core as well? thank you for your suggestion.

JL

PS. Have you tried Sonar 8 yet?

Go Back to forum