• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX / MIDI Allplay / Logic 8

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX / MIDI Allplay / Logic 8

Hi all,

New to Stylus RMX here.

I would like the style "play" button to run in synch with logic 8.

I've poked around on the web, but the only way I've found so far to do this is to automate the play button using the "Allplay" parameter in logic track automation.

This doesn't seem particularly useful as I'd then have to start each playback from the beginning of the song.

Of course I can drag each MIDI to individual tracks and that works fine, but while I'm building an arrangement I'd rather just have RMX play automatically. Or is there some automated and fast way to simultaneously drag all MIDI files to their corresponding midi trigger tracks?

But best -- any workarounds that anyone have to make Stylus RMX automatically play when Logic 8 plays?

thanks

Re: Stylus RMX / MIDI Allplay / Logic 8

Hi.The easiest and quikest way is to use goove menu mode..At bottom rite clik slice menu and slect groove menu...Go to the example groove menus to see how this works..

When you hold down a key that pattern will play..Also you can hold down as many as you want...You can create your own groove menus...And also select wether the groove starts on the beat,16th note immediate and another one I forget..Now you just record the note or notes in the order you want and quantize and there you have it..It is a quik and easy way to sketch a song out..

There is a tutorial video on Specdtrasonics site that will be of great help to you..So check it out..JON

So if you want a ptatern to play set up a groove menu or use one of the example ones..Record one note at the beginning,one bar is all you need..select immediate in RMX and quantize the note in Logic then use the L key to loop the traCK..You may need to check out how many measures the loop is however,or you will just be retriggering the first bar of say a 2 or 4 bar loop..Play around with it..It can be a very usefull way to work..

As to multis however it is not the same..For quik stuff I just record a four bar audio of the multi and then loop that..Again theese are just ways I use to quiken the workflow..Then fine tune it later..You can't fine tune something that is yet to exsist is my philosphy..

Or the actual easiest way is to drag and drop the midi file into the RMX track and again L so it loops the midi pattern..This will let you start antwere you want with the pattern playing at whichever point you choose..Funny,kind of a full circle thing here..Lots of ways to work with RMX in Logic..LOL...JON

Hi.The other thing which is a very good way of working with Logic and RMX is to create a template for Logic that will load RMX as a multi out instrument..

This allows you to already have your cabling done in Logic so you have much more freedom to drag and drop 8 midi files were you want them..This way you can start and stop anywere you want and RMX will all ways be along for the ride.. JON

thanks for these good answers!

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post
    Hi.The other thing which is a very good way of working with Logic and RMX is to create a template for Logic that will load RMX as a multi out instrument..

This allows you to already have your cabling done in Logic so you have much more freedom to drag and drop 8 midi files were you want them..This way you can start and stop anywere you want and RMX will all ways be along for the ride.. JON

Hi..You are welcome P..I am sure there are others that can also help..Post if you need any help..I know some stuff,not everything however..I for one would like to know what you find works out for you..JON

Go Back to forum