• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using ASIO4ALL?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using ASIO4ALL?

I am hoping to obtain the Steinway Standard soon, but as of now do not have an ASIO soundcard. I just have the motherboard one, which functions very well using GPO and ASIO4ALL.

Is anyone using ASIO4ALL with the Steinway? Does it work as acceptably as with GPO?

Thanks!
    Owen

Re: Anyone using ASIO4ALL?

As part of my effort to get KP2 to work properly, I installed ASIO4ALL and kept it because it just plain sounded better than my previous driver. I use it for both GPO and the Steinway. I had to play around with the buffering to get it to work right, but no complaints since. And if you don't care for it, it's appears easy enough to uninstall with Windows/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinKopp View Post
    As part of my effort to get KP2 to work properly, I installed ASIO4ALL and kept it because it just plain sounded better than my previous driver. I use it for both GPO and the Steinway. I had to play around with the buffering to get it to work right, but no complaints since. And if you don't care for it, it's appears easy enough to uninstall with Windows/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.
    Thanks, DarwinKopp. Is your soundcard ASIO compatible? (Mine is not, hence my fear that ASIO4ALL might not solve all my problems.)

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Thanks, DarwinKopp. Is your soundcard ASIO compatible?
    Yes, it appears the original ASIO driver was installed with the soundcard (Soundblaster Audigy).

ASIO4ALL should provide a virtual ASIO driver for your 'card.

Memory says that if you're configuring say, Cubase, you should choose ASIO4ALL as your ASIO driver, when setting up a project.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferris View Post
    ASIO4ALL should provide a virtual ASIO driver for your 'card.

Memory says that if you're configuring say, Cubase, you should choose ASIO4ALL as your ASIO driver, when setting up a project.
    Thanks, David. I guess I'll take the plunge!

Go Back to forum