• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 64 bit.

Melbourne, Aust.

Kontakt 64 bit.

NI announced today they will release a public beta of Kontakt 3.5 with full 64 bit support, this December. They havent said yet whether it has XP support as well as Vista.

So it is actually happening! All that dormant ram will be available soon enough. Hooray!!

Re: Kontakt 64 bit.

There are some very cool new features. I hope this makes everybody to upgrade to K3 finally. It is far better!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I'm really considering buying the upgrade, as it is only 129€ here in Germany.
    What do you think are the most important improvements in 3?
    Do you really use the included sample library?

Best regards,

Hi Justus,
    IMHO the K3 upgrade worths just for the sampler itself. I prefer deeply sampled libraries instead a lot of sounds. Anyway there are some cool things in the library.

Regarding the sampler, it has a lot of improvements apart of the kosmetic ones ,which are great and important from my point of view. Mainly, the sample editor has been greatly improved.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Thanks, Tari!

Thank you for sharing this great news! It just made my day. I sure hope they have support for Windows XP64.

Well, it's about time!

I upgraded to GS4 for 64-bits, but there were no affordable sound cards with 64-bit GSIF drivers. Now we know the rest of that story...

Aside from GPO, I have no Kontakt stuff. I haven't felt compelled to move to K2/3, and I've lost all interest in purchasing new libs. A viable 64-bit solution might just fire me back up...

Go Back to forum