• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: International Film Scoring Competition

Share/Bookmark

International Film Scoring Competition

Hey all,

I was looking into entering this competition, but I cannot find any information about it off of the website. The site says that complete entry rules for the competition would be available on September 8, 2008, yet its not up on the website. Does anyone have any information about this or any other film scoring competitions? (The YFCC competition hasn't happened for a year or so, so I'm guessing that is no longer happening regularly.)

Thanks,
    Ken

Re: International Film Scoring Competition

whats the website? there are so many that i have no idea which one you are talking about.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

I'm sorry, I should have included the link.

http://www.ifscompetition.com/index.html

Here's another contest that I am having trouble getting information about/contacting.

http://www.soundtrackfilmfestival.co...-scoring-prize

-Ken

Sometimes you have to use your mouse a little bit. Not everything is on the index page.

Try clicking on "Competition Rules" at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayat View Post
    Sometimes you have to use your mouse a little bit.
    I think Ken did that (as I did just now). My guess: there will be no competition, anyway. No sponsors, and the entry instructions are from 2007 ...

Best Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike753 View Post
    ...and the entry instructions are from 2007 ...
    You must have a typo there; I am sure you meant to say 08.

"entry dates are from 12:01am Pacific Time September 8, 2008 through 11:59pm Pacific Time December 31, 2008. Semi-finalists will be announced on February 1, 2009 and the winner and first runner-up for each division will be announced on February 15, 2009."

Seems like there is an '08 competition to me...

"entry dates are from 12:01am Pacific Time September 8, 2008 through 11:59pm Pacific Time December 31, 2008. Semi-finalists will be announced on February 1, 2009 and the winner and first runner-up for each division will be announced on February 15, 2009."

Seems like there is an '08 competition to me...

Hi all,

Well, I did see in the rules the same entry dates, yet there are no clips to score, no sponsors, no submission form, and 2 e-mails that I sent to the "info" address were undeliverable. I also tried contacting them through the "contact us" link, and nothing happened.

If someone finds something out, please let us know.

Thanks!!
    Steph

i couldn't find any info, so i went ahead and emailed them. i'll post whatever info i get, because i wouldn't mind entering a few myself. (Don't worry about the competition. I'm not very good).
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    i couldn't find any info, so i went ahead and emailed them. i'll post whatever info i get, because i wouldn't mind entering a few myself. (Don't worry about the competition. I'm not very good).

Hi Keith

Did your e-mail make it to them? I sent 2 e-mails and both were returned.

Please let me know what you find out.

Have some confidence too...

Take Care,
    Steph

No Jeffrey, no typo here. If you click on How To Enter, you will realize that this site is obvously not up-to-date. The same goes with Competition News. Thus, I am sure, no competition at all.

Best
    Mike

Go Back to forum