• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems after reinstalling omnispheare

Share/Bookmark

Problems after reinstalling omnispheare

Hi i have reinstall omnispeare to my internal harddisk(I hade it on a usb harddisk before)..But when i try to start omni it wont start because STEAM.lnk search for that usb harddisk i have taken away from the computer....I have reinstall it twise the same problem coming up ..

A varningsigne coming up when i try to start the plugin saying ..

The unit ore networksconnection that chortcut STEAM.lnk refer to is not availibel .check that the disk is properly connected and that networksunit is availibal and try again..

I olso put the usb harddisc back but it will not work ..

A reinstall should work but not with this fasionabla omnispeare i never had a software with this lot of strange problems they should have tested it some more instead using consumer like a betatester ................

sorry for my english

Can someone help me

Jan

Re: Problems after reinstalling omnispheare

Sure Jan, lots of people can probably help you. But have you also tried contacting Spectrasonics tech support yet in order to help yourself?

You didn't mention whether you are on a Mac or on a PC or if you've read the Installation Guide, but here's some info from Spectrasonics re. moving a folder on a Mac: "On the Mac, move the STEAM folder from the current location (the default is /Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics) to the desired location. Make an alias to the STEAM folder and put that alias in the /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics folder. Rename the alias to STEAM"

Re. "they should have tested it some more instead using consumer like a betatester"
    ---IMHO, that's a rather strong and unfair statement to make just because you are having a problem. This software has been well tested and is working quite well for most users, and I suggest that, in no way, it resembles a 'Beta' version.

If you can provide more information perhaps someone here can assist you, but do contact tech support directly, and give them a chance to help you..................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

hi i have pc4 3.2 mhz multiprocessor 2 meg ram windows vista.....i was linked from the spectrasonics supportside to this side .and in theires supportforum i didint find any solution.i cant call them via phone because im not so good speaking english.....i have used the manual before using this forum....what is an alias?...

maby it well tested ,just a bit frustadet it was a rather expensive investment for me i hade it for a wile, and most of te time i just being configurating my computer to suit omni.bying new win vista software new harddisc new soundcard m audio 2496 ..

An alias is a shortcut or a pointer-like a virtual twin if you like. It is only a few kilobytes big and works as a placeholder in case you dont have enough free HD space on your systemdrive and need to install the Steamfolder on an external drive.
    Coming from a Mac i wouldnt know what its called under windows but maybe you get the idea.
    I would also strongly suggest that you contact the hotline.
    Doesnt have to be by phone. Just send them an email. They are very competent and friendly and i am sure they can help you to get up and running!

Hans

ok going to spectra trying hotline
    thanks for the help

Hi Hans...I think it's called "shortcut" in windows

ok it fixed found the trubbellink STEAM.lnk deeep in the harddisk ,took it away reinstall all omni on a internal harddisc and it works now.

I didint get any answer from spectrapersonal seens to be a long await to get answer from them to long for me......

Cool Man!!! you got it running...have fun with it!!!

And...when Spectrasonics support contacts you...you can explain them what you found out...they will appreciate that probably!

Again...have fun!

Roshi.

Re: "I didint get any answer from spectrapersonal seens to be a long await"
    ---Good grief, you only reported contacting them 12 hours ago. A little patience is good sometimes!
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum