• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2009?

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2009?

Hi-

How do I get Finale 2009 to recognize that I have the full version of GPO? I followed the links in the Finale Help file, but they were broken; eg. the one to gpofullinstrument.txt, and the instructions I did find referred to Finale 2007.

If someone could tell me step-by-step how to use my GPO in Finale 2009, or point me to the appropriate links, I'd be most grateful!

BTW, I've tried searching this forum for this and other questions, but I always get an error message, which I've reported. It always says my request couldn't be processed because a security token was missing.

TIA-

-Susan

Re: Finale 2009?

Susan,

Have you used full GPO in 2007 and 2008?
    And has it worked as it should?

If so you should not have to do anything. I have all my GPO libraries in 2009, 2008, 2007 etc. and I have never had to take any action to see it within Finale.
    Have you maybe moved your sound library to another hard drive?

Björn

By the way,
    my gpofullinstrument.txt is found in Finale 2007 folder>FinaleAU

Björn

Quote Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
    Hi-

How do I get Finale 2009 to recognize that I have the full version of GPO? I followed the links in the Finale Help file, but they were broken; eg. the one to gpofullinstrument.txt, and the instructions I did find referred to Finale 2007.

If someone could tell me step-by-step how to use my GPO in Finale 2009, or point me to the appropriate links, I'd be most grateful!

BTW, I've tried searching this forum for this and other questions, but I always get an error message, which I've reported. It always says my request couldn't be processed because a security token was missing.

TIA-

-Susan
    Hello Susan,

In Finale for Windows for the full GPO to work you should have the following two files in your Finale VST folder.

KontaktPlayer2.dll
    gpofull2instrument.txt

The default path for the VST folder is:

C:\Program Files\Finale 2009\FinaleVST

If you don't have the gpofull2instrument.txt file you can get it on the Finale site link below; scroll down to Carla's post, 5th one down:

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.a...183543#m183543

If all is well as above then Finale should pick up the full GPO. Please let us know and we'll dig a bit deeper if necessary.

Good luck
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hi Michael-

Worked great, thanks!

@Björn: I just purchased Finale 2009, so I had no past experience to go by. The Help doc made integrating GPO sound a lot more complicated than it turned out to be.

-Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
    Hi Michael-

Worked great, thanks! .....

-Susan
    Hello again Susan,

That's great, it's good to hear it's working for you.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more info at any time.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

How is 2009? Is it worth it to upgrade to 2009 if I have 2008 already?

Go Back to forum