• Register
  • Help

Topic: Additional question about Kirk Hunter TVEC programming

Share/Bookmark

Additional question about Kirk Hunter TVEC programming

Hi there, the following may sound like an idiotic question, but I'm just trying to find out if this can be done.... VSL had a legato tool for giga and has legato script for Kontakt... Now, I've seen demonstration videos of this legato tool for VSL... It's a great thing... It was a cross between portamento and legato and it only worked in mono mode...

My question is, inasmuch as I like the sound of Kirk Hunter strings more than VSL, can this type of legato be done with the new TVEC programming/scripting??

Any info appreciated.... Kirk, anybody?? thanks...

Re: Additional question about Kirk Hunter TVEC programming

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro View Post
    Hi there, the following may sound like an idiotic question, but I'm just trying to find out if this can be done.... VSL had a legato tool for giga and has legato script for Kontakt... Now, I've seen demonstration videos of this legato tool for VSL... It's a great thing... It was a cross between portamento and legato and it only worked in mono mode...

My question is, inasmuch as I like the sound of Kirk Hunter strings more than VSL, can this type of legato be done with the new TVEC programming/scripting??

Any info appreciated.... Kirk, anybody?? thanks...
    Awhile ago, we developed LegatoLive® used in the Emerald Collection. And even though it works really well, my feeling is that when I go back to doing some composing, I don't really use LegatoLive® that much. Rather, I go to some of the basic patches or those using intervaLive®. To my ears, this works better, especially since it is not restricted to being monophonic. I honestly beleive that current "legato" conventions are best used in solo instrument rather than ensembles. That being said, the intervaLive® feature is pretty nifty if you play around with it.

Thanks Kirk, I'll play around with it some more... It's just that sometimes I get some legato... Other times I don't using interval live... My understanding is that for interval live to work, notes have to be slightly overlapping... Is this true, is this all, am I missing someting else?? Any other way of controlling the amount of legato... Any info appreciated... Mostly it's on melodic lines, not fast, just medium melodic lines if that's any help or if it makes sense... thanks in advance

Anyway, it turns out I was accessing the wrong set of samples... I was following the instructions for legatolive while using the new ruby programming for the strings...

When using the legatolive samples, I'm getting something a lot better and that I'm happier with... I really thought all the samples were being accessed by the new programming... My bad...

Go Back to forum