• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT - Proof readig and editing of 3 pages, please?

Share/Bookmark

OT - Proof readig and editing of 3 pages, please?

Hi.

It seems that I keep finding things I have to ask help for. I just can't do everything myself, as it seems!

Anyways...

I'm attempting to (self) publish a CD of my own works, as well as the scores, and I have everything ready almost. However I decided that I'd like to include a small 'review' of each track, in the CD sleeve, not much unlike the ones you read in classical CDs. So I contacted a brilliant musicologist and composer, who is Swiss (and I'm Greek), and he delivered a STUNNING review of a bit more than 2 pages for 6 pieces.

So I'd like someone native (British or American), to check the text.

But this is not all.

"Unfortunately" (if one can say this), the reviewer liked very very much the first piece, to which he dedicated 1/3rd of the whole review. So the 1 piece has a 1 page review, while the other 5 have less than half page each (1-2 paragraphs in general). So I was wondering if it would be possible, to trim that one review down a bit...

I would like to pay you, but I'd largely prefer to promise a copy of the CD instead!

Anyone interested, will get the review (unedited), as well as mp3s of the pieces...

Re: OT - Proof readig and editing of 3 pages, please?

Hi Nikolas

I can help you if you wish.

Take Care,
    Steph

Hi Nikolas - I'll take a look if you like. I'm native British, which means my English is probably considerably worse than that of a Schweizer, but I'm happy to try anyway.

Best wishes with the release by the way
    David

Hi Nikolas,
    I'd be glad to help - American Citizen
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

WOW Steph and guys! I LOVE YOU!

I'll send all 3 of you PMs and see what you make. I hope to be able to take bits and pieces (if needed), and combine for a finer result!

Certainly you will be fully credited, and of course you'll get the CD coming your way, once out (once I persuade my graphic designer to fit 3 pages (!!!) of text into a CD sleeve, for which he'll probably kill me).

Just noticed...

I'm such a lucky guy that I wasn't the one to write the reviews. Anyone can notice the huge tpyo in the subject of the thread "readig" instead of reading! Which is at least hillarious, and very ironic as well!

Well done me!

Well done!

BRAVO!

Go Back to forum