• Register
  • Help

Topic: Eric Persing is coming to the UK!

Share/Bookmark

Eric Persing is coming to the UK!

Time+Space are delighted to announce that Spectrasonics' Eric Persing will be demonstrating the hugely popular Omnisphere at this year's Sounds Expo/Music Live at the Birmingham NEC.

Eric will be giving a presentation in the Music Tech Seminar Studio on Saturday 8th November from 3.00pm - 4.30pm and will also be joining us on the Time+Space stand (SE525) at intervals throughout the day.

This is Eric's first visit to the UK since the launch of Omnisphere and a unique opportunity for visitors to discover first hand, the remarkable features and capabilities of this outstanding Power Synth from the creator himself!

We're also really excited to be joined by Toontrack throughout the 3 days who will be accompanied by the fantastic David 'Fingers' Haynes to demonstrate Superior Drummer 2.0.

For more information visit: http://www.timespace.com/events/
    Melanie Power
    Time+Space Distribution

Re: Eric Persing is coming to the UK!

That's great but how about a London visit as well??
    Or at least come to town for a pint while you are here in UK, Eric!

There be a long cue of people who spent a fortune on Atmosphere and Trilogy that were rendered useless after Mac went Intel, we can all shake his hand and thank him for his support!

Quote Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
    There be a long cue of people who spent a fortune on Atmosphere and Trilogy that were rendered useless after Mac went Intel, we can all shake his hand and thank him for his support!
    I see it's your first post...Welcome to the forum! :-)

This is of course why we went to the major effort of developing our own in-house STEAM engine for compatibility with Intel Macs and future platforms. It's very important to us that Spectrasonics instruments are supported well into the future and that a major technology transition from the hardware side doesn't cause the kind of long delay for our users that the Intel Mac transition did.

Atmosphere's future for the Intel Mac is now realized and very solid via Omnisphere, and we are working on a STEAM-based future for Trilogy as well. (which will of course be Intel Mac native)

Special additional upgrade discounts have been made available for all our Intel Mac users in appreciation for the delay they experienced while we were working on this transition, and the feedback from them has been extremely positive about the Omnisphere upgrade.

Have you taken advantage of the Omnisphere special upgrade offer yet?

https://techshop.spectrasonics.net/o...ereUpgrade.php

Either way, I look forward to meeting you in person and shaking your hand. :-)

Cheers,

-EP

RussUK.....hope you don't mind if I offer a few opinions, entirely my own, in response??

First, I suggest that Atmosphere users who also own other Spectrasonics products like Trilogy have been provided with an excellent upgrade path, cost-wise, to Omnisphere. Atmosphere has basically been replaced. Most software manufacturers replace older products in a similar manner every few years. Atmosphere and Trilogy were developed for the platforms available at the time, they worked for what you had when you bought the products. Spectrasonics and most other companies had no say in what Apple did. So why not criticize Apple? As technology develops, products do become obsolete or unusable on newer systems and this is nothing new. We may not like it, but that's what happens.
    I own and use all the Spectrasonics products and personally do not feel I've lacked support at all. I'd also rather see them, IF a choice has to made, focusing on new products like Omnisphere and Steam. But, to alleviate your concerns a little, it is my understanding that something may be in the works to replace Trilogy as well (see previous threads), just like Omnisphere replaced Atmosphere, so stay tuned to the future and there may be some good news at some point for all of us who own Trilogy. Right now, do consider upgrading Atmosphere to Omnisphere; you'll be glad you did. And enjoy Eric's demo................playz

Looks as if Eric and I were typing our replies at the same time, and his post was entered first. Perhaps better to have comments directly from him than me, anytime.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

@ Eric

Eric, I appreciate you taking the time to reply, especially as this is a day you are spending with your family.

No one has ever doubted your commitment to the cause, and well done on a fantastic effort with Omnisphere, I've already made the leap to the it and installed it today. In fact I own every Spectrasonics product, including all the libraries - I really am a Spectrasonics fan through and through.

Why - because you make such great instruments?

The issue for many of us who went through the Intel issue was a simple one - a lack of communication. Both before and after the disastrous wrapper! Your such a creative, passionate person and perhaps it is that that has kept us loyal. Now no one expects press announcements every week but had you thought of keeping a blog during the Atmos/Trilogy episode? That would have been a simple way of keeping us all in the loop and rooting for you.

I wonder if your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness, perfection? Perhaps the thought of doing a blog which wasn;t up to your usual standard prevented you taking that option?

So the bad will was created becuase in a world where it's so easy to communicate, you guys failed to do so as well as you perhaps could have.

You're not the only ones, MOTU were the same with Mach V II to name one, but as I say in our modern world there is no excuse at all for keeping in touch with the people who support you.

Anyway, think on that and keep on doing a great job with the plugins, so many of us love em!

Thanks for the kind words about our instruments. :-)

I think if you take a look at the hundreds of posts we've answered on these topics on many different user forums, you'll see that our communication with end users has been pretty good by any standards. We also kept our official Intel Mac page updated with the latest information that we could release to the public.

For sure, it was a frustrating situation for everyone...we did the maximum we could under circumstances that we're very tricky. Looking back on it now, there's not too much more we could've done all that differently. The wrappers were a temporary workaround solution that worked well for many users as we were transitioning, but certainly not for everyone. Obviously, announcing what we were doing with Omnisphere three years in advance wouldn't have worked either. After all, you can find hundreds of posts of non-Intel Mac users that were upset that we announced Omnisphere 9 months in advance.

But hindsight is always 20-20 vision. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Thanks for the kind words about our instruments. :-)
    Not a problem.

I think if you take a look at the hundreds of posts we've answered on these topics on many different user forums, you'll see that our communication with end users has been pretty good by any standards. We also kept our official Intel Mac page updated with the latest information that we could release to the public.
    Not everyone belongs to these forums, as I suggested earlier a more direct route would be directly on the Spectrasonics site, or indeed at least a link to your posts on other forums.

For sure, it was a frustrating situation for everyone...we did the maximum we could under circumstances that we're very tricky. Looking back on it now, there's not too much more we could've done all that differently. The wrappers were a temporary workaround solution that worked well for many users as we were transitioning, but certainly not for everyone. Obviously, announcing what we were doing with Omnisphere three years in advance wouldn't have worked either. After all, you can find hundreds of posts of non-Intel Mac users that were upset that we announced Omnisphere 9 months in advance.
    Again, as I said no one doubted your commitment, but you can never over-communicate, especially when people feel unsure.

But hindsight is always 20-20 vision. :-)
    No wisdom comes from making good judgments, and good judgments come from having made bad ones.

Bearing in mind the scripture sign off at the end of all your user manuals, I'm sure you make it a life goal to chase wisdom.

Anyway - all meant constructively, not to knock you all the team, we all care a great deal about you and the team, we know of your passion and we know you are one of life's good guys - that's where this comes from! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
    Not everyone belongs to these forums, as I suggested earlier a more direct route would be directly on the Spectrasonics site, or indeed at least a link to your posts on other forums.
    There is an explanation of the intel mac situation on the spectrasonics web site. Go to the Trilogy product page and click on Intel Mac Support. It is very detailed and it has been there for a very long time.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum