• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO started crashing!

GPO started crashing!

Hey guys, I have a little problem that just appeared when using my GPO stand along application.

Here is my system (relevant to the question):
    -Laptop with 2.4g processor, 4g ram, vista etc...
    -sonar 7 producer edition
    -sibelius 5
    -behringer umx25 midi keyboard controller

I use GPO for: sound samples for sibelius, sample library for sonar 7 (midi imports from sibelius usually) and GPO as the stand alone application for working out ideas and playing around, NOW, heres my problem...

Everything was working fine, but 2 days ago when using the stand alone application, everytime I load an instrument, the first note i play causes the program to stop working and shut down. I have never had this problem before and don't know what would be causing it to occur. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: GPO started crashing!

I'm assuming you've been using GPO this same way for some time and it suddenly stopped working which is how I interpret your question.

The only advice I can offer is think back to two days ago and see if you've made any changes to your system like any windows updates, driver patches, new hardware, etc. If any changes have occured, back them out and see if GPO still crashes.

Steve Winkler

Yes, It was working fine until recently. I have tried to reinstall and everything and the same problem occurs. Any suggestions?

Hello kamanda,

Welcome to the Garritan forum on northernsounds.com.

It sounds like it might be something in the Kontakt Player audio engine.

What is the make and model of your soundcard? If it's the integrated one in the laptop, what is the model number of the computer?

From the File>Audio and MIDI setup tab in the Kontakt Player, can you tell us:
    What driver mode are you using it in? MME? ASIO? Directsound?
    What is the latency setting?

From the About tab of Kontakt Player, are you using Kontakt Player 1, Kontakt Player 2? If it's 2, is it version 2.2.2, 2.2.3, or 2.2.4?

Are your problems restricted to use as standalone or do you experience them inside Sonar and Sibelius?

Thanks for the reply. Actually PART of my problem is fixed.

First off, yes my problems only occur in the stand alone application. So I changed a few settings and now its not crashing, but heres my problem.

I can open GPO, I can load a bank, I can click on the keyboard and it makes the sound. NOW, when i use my keyboard, it shows the key being depressed and the level meter shows output, but no sound come out. Any ideas?

No more crashes is a step forward.

It sounds like it's still a routing issue. In that Audio/Midi settings tab, check to make sure that you've assigned the audio output to the proper device. Sometimes I have set the output to the soundcard's SPDIF output instead of the internal speaker output. Perhaps yours is in the same situation.

Go Back to forum