• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere,Logic 8, iMac 3.06

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere,Logic 8, iMac 3.06

Does anybody run Omnisphere with Logic 8 on and iMac 3.06 ? ....If so , please tell me how it runs, and how you have it set up with sound card , external H.D. etc ....I have the computer, and will be buying the rest if it will all work out ....Thanks, Jim

Re: Omnisphere,Logic 8, iMac 3.06

We have that rig here and it runs fantastic.

That's a great computer for Omnisphere, BTW. :-)

Even using the built-in drives and standard digital audio outputs.

It rocks! :-)

I have that system, and I agree with you Eric its great, probably want to go to 4gb of ram, it helps,

Thanks Eric and the team I love it

Thanks for the replies ...I'm thinking Omnisphere on my iMac 3.06 w/4 gb ram .....I will be using a Metric Halo ULN-2 setup for my audio w/Dynaudio powered monitors .....Is there a tweaking guide that I can follow for optimum results with the iMac ? .....I'm reading a lot of issues with load time, and all ....I'm not a patient man ....LOL !!.....But I do LOVE good audio quality .... Any guidance would be much appreciated ....Sincerely, Jim

Eric and Robkeith,
    Do you know if I can use the Firewire 800 for an external H.D. and use the Firewire 400 for the Metric Halo ULN-2 at the same time without the Firewire 800 downgrading to 400 mps ? ....This is what I would like to do ....Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut View Post
    Thanks for the replies ...I'm thinking Omnisphere on my iMac 3.06 w/4 gb ram .....I will be using a Metric Halo ULN-2 setup for my audio w/Dynaudio powered monitors .....Is there a tweaking guide that I can follow for optimum results with the iMac ?
    It'll just work great. :-)

.....I'm reading a lot of issues with load time, and all ....I'm not a patient man ....LOL !!
    Those related to Windows only and only affected a small portion of Windows systems. BTW, that issue has already been fully addressed in the 1.0.2d update released yesterday.

.....But I do LOVE good audio quality
    Then you'll really enjoy Omnisphere!

Eric and Robkeith,
    Do you know if I can use the Firewire 800 for an external H.D. and use the Firewire 400 for the Metric Halo ULN-2 at the same time without the Firewire 800 downgrading to 400 mps ? ....This is what I would like to do ....Thanks, Jim
    I believe so.

Eric ,

Thanks for the reply .....Are you running external hd's on your system or using only the internal hd on your imac ? How do you have yours set up ? ....Thanks, Jim

Yes...any and all.

Works well with internal and even better with fast external FW800 7200RPM drive

Go Back to forum