• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Orange Tree Samples releases CoreGuitar: Strawberry

Share/Bookmark

Orange Tree Samples releases Strawberry Electric Guitar

(note to moderators: I am a new paying advertiser)

Strawberry Electric Guitar

Concept:
    The Strawberry Electric Guitar sample library aims to provide you with versatility in terms of tone and articulations. The library was designed with ease of use in mind. Having a wide range of controls, the sound and playability are all adjustable.

Strawberry Electric Guitar has many features which set it apart from other electric guitar sample libraries. Many never-before sampled nuances have been captured, allowing Strawberry Electric Guitar to attain new heights in realism. While these details are subtle, they all contribute to the perceived realism of the library. Also, when adding distortion to Strawberry Electric Guitar, these details are greatly magnified.

Features:
    - 1.57 GB of 24-bit samples
    - 2x intelligent round-robin sample cycling for both downstroke and upstroke articulations
    - Variable pre-pick noises
    - Whammy bar effects
    - String resonation
    - Dynamic vibrato
    - Custom slides
    - Intelligent legato
    - Alternate tunings

Format:
    Due to the extensive scripting, this sound library is available in Kontakt 2-3 format only.

Audio Demos:

Demo #1
    Demo #2
    Demo #3

Price:
    $119.95 (normally $129.95), instantly downloadable purchase (1.1 GB compressed) There's also an additional $5 discount for existing customers. I will send out emails to all the customers with discount codes, but if you haven't received it, please email me.
    Kontakt 2-3 only

Visit the product page here: Strawberry Electric Guitar for Kontakt

Note: the introductory discount will end on November 3rd.

Re: Orange Tree Samples releases CoreGuitar: Strawberry

Great stuff Greg!
    congrats to another great release!
    I really like the clean sound.
    Can you do strumming with it?

Hans

Yup, there are 8th note and 16th note modes in the picking mode for strumming. I sampled a lot of the pick sounds, so that makes the strumming sound even more realistic--so you can hear the pick itself strumming across the strings.

Here's the manual for anyone who wants to get an idea of the scope of this product: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/dow...UsersGuide.pdf

And I'm working on a blues guitar audio demo (think Stevie Ray Vaughan) right now.

Greg, this sounds great! Well done on your release!

Thanks for all the great feedback, guys!!

Here's a collage of some other styles CoreGuitar is capable of: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/aud...ry-collage.mp3

Thanks Greg, sounds impressive!

Do you have any screenshots you can show us?

Also, you mention in the user guide that it is fairly heavy on resources - do you have any suggestions for safe requirements to run this library effectively on a Mac?

And any disadvantages of using Kontakt 2 over v.3?

Many thanks in advance,

Colin
    ____

The features look interesting but personally I'm not so keen on the demos.

I would prefer the demos to feature just the guitar and to specifically illustrate features which set the library apart from the many already available. That would be really useful for prospective buyers IMO.

That said, a lot of guitar library demos are full arrangements instead of being more specific, so maybe that's what people like to hear.

Good luck with the library, it certainly seems a quality product.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by cwillsher View Post
    Thanks Greg, sounds impressive!

Do you have any screenshots you can show us?
    Here are two screenshots from the GUI, let me know if you'd like to see more:

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/ima...wberryGUI1.jpg

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/ima...wberryGUI2.jpg

Also, you mention in the user guide that it is fairly heavy on resources - do you have any suggestions for safe requirements to run this library effectively on a Mac?
    The computer I use CoreGuitar on is 4-5 years old, so I'm sure a newer computer would handle it much better than mine. Even so, I can play it in realtime. However, if I'm working with it in a project, I generally freeze the instances of CoreGuitar that I'm not using, and also increase the latency settings in my DAW to insure there won't be any clicks or pops.

If you've used the excellent The Trumpet sample library, CoreGuitar should run fine.

The reason it is fairly heavy on resources is due to all the scripting behind the library. The curve of the vibrato, for example, is all scripted--so it's not a plain LFO vibrato, but realistic and dynamic in terms of width and speed.

And any disadvantages of using Kontakt 2 over v.3?
    Not really; the library should work fine in either K2 or K3. The only disadvantage is, perhaps, the upgrades in more efficient DFD sample playback in the latest Kontakt 3.5 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W View Post
    The features look interesting but personally I'm not so keen on the demos.

I would prefer the demos to feature just the guitar and to specifically illustrate features which set the library apart from the many already available. That would be really useful for prospective buyers IMO.
    Hi Nigel,

In the future, I think it would be cool to make a video where I walk through all the features and solo them out as well as describing them.

However, I could make a separate list of audio demos which are all CoreGuitar-only and illustrating specific examples. For example, a demo of the vibrato, one of the custom slides, one with the variable pre-pick samples, etc. Would having them both dry and then with distortion (to amplify the nuances) be a plus?

Best regards,

Greg

I do agree in theory, and in some instruments it makes sense. Most piano demos are solo piano (too many I suppose! ). The opposite applies in any orchestral instrument usually. You don't usually get a solo... oboe...

I guess with a guitar it should be equal, although I do see a point in having more 'full' demos, instead of a solo guitar one... Hopefully Greg will make 1-2 demos (I think he already has made some), featuring the Strawberry soloed... Or not... up to him really!

Go Back to forum