• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bluebeard's mad dance

Share/Bookmark

Wink Bluebeard's mad dance

Hello everybody,

Welcome to listen to "WIZARD BLUEBEARD'S MAD DANCE"

Rich wanted me to post the prologue of my epic story!

Here is today's science fiction adventure for orchestra! (originally posted on YC forum 2007.)

The first two chapters of sixty, created with GPO.

"SPIDERS OF QUASAR"

Part 1. (Diary from Quasar, Anno 2084).

Story: "After our starship crashlanded on this cursed planet we were attacked by the giant spiders of Quasar.
    I managed to leave the spaceship before the attack thanks to my monkey Bongo who alerted me with his screaming.
    He must have heard those strange vibrations much earlier than anyone else.
    I managed to bring the atomic handgun and food with me that would keep me alive for at least one week.
    The spider attack came suddenly and men where screaming.
    I watched the massacre from the top of one of the highest trees, Bongo looked at me with his sad eyes.
    This was the end of our journey...!"

(more at the bottom of this page...)

Enjoy! Fred.
    Last edited by Fredrik; 10-28-2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: "Spiders of Quasar" added in reply post to Rich.

Re: Bluebeard's mad dance

Mad indeed Fred!
    Sometimes I think your mad; as you seem to mass produce great works at a fast pace!

Wonderful work Fred! I expect nothing less.

Do you still have that yellow shirt?

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Wink Re: Bluebeard's mad dance

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Mad indeed Fred!
    Sometimes I think your mad; as you seem to mass produce great works at a fast pace!

Wonderful work Fred! I expect nothing less.

Do you still have that yellow shirt?

M
    Hi Michael,

My ideas often come when I go through my old scores that I have written through the years. I then integrate them with real time composing. One thing I especially like is to do several variations on the same theme, with different harmonizations. Bluebeard's melody is a recurring theme that was also present in my previous
    "Hyperdimensional Hexagon" , did you hear the whole-tone scale in the beginning?

It has been fun trying to capture the mad character of "Wizard Bluebeard," who was born and subconsciously inspired while talking with David Sosnowski about blue-blooded characters, lol!

The choral that you heard at the end is one of my first harmonies that I composed in 1977, when I was taking music theory lessons from my teacher, an organist.

Yes, I still have that old yellow shirt and I still wear it, lol!

Fred

Boy, it doesn't sound like a nice place to be. You could get into some deep doo doo couldn't you.

But still there is a regal air about it and a somewhat civilized ending to it all.

Enjoyed it as always.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Boy, it doesn't sound like a nice place to be. You could get into some deep doo doo couldn't you.

But still there is a regal air about it and a somewhat civilized ending to it all.

Enjoyed it as always.

Phil
    Hi Phil,

Glad you enjoyed the dance! I had a lot of fun composing it!

Fred

My, oh my! Just in time for Halloween. I definitely hear influences of Berlioz here.

You must enlighten me as to where you are getting your inspiration from. I am not familiar with the story you are presenting. I know Bluebeard but he is an 18th century pirate. The story you spoke of in your last piece was of a 21st century SciFi story. Is it your own concoction, a play or musical? I do like to know more about it.

The piece has some great moments. It conjours up some really strange and horrific mental images. I was a little disappointed with the ending, though. I felt it needed a little more build and drive (more, much more insanity ). Go alleatoric!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Cool Re: Bluebeard's mad dance

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    My, oh my! Just in time for Halloween. I definitely hear influences of Berlioz here.

You must enlighten me as to where you are getting your inspiration from. I am not familiar with the story you are presenting. I know Bluebeard but he is an 18th century pirate. The story you spoke of in your last piece was of a 21st century SciFi story. Is it your own concoction, a play or musical? I do like to know more about it.

The piece has some great moments. It conjours up some really strange and horrific mental images. I was a little disappointed with the ending, though. I felt it needed a little more build and drive (more, much more insanity ). Go alleatoric!
    Hi Rich,

Halloween! But, It wasn't planned, lol!

My story is called "The Planet of Quasar" which I wrote for another forum 2 years ago. It was written in episodes and started with how Captain Herman crashlanded on the planet of Quasar, while his crew survived.

Unfortunately giant spiders attacked the starship and only the main hero and his monkey, Bongo survived. (I will post story.)
    While the story unfolds, the two discover what strange activities goes on there. Later they discover a beautiful woman, which is tied up, lying on a beach. They decide to rescue her from being eaten up by the land going crabs.

Well, Rich! That's the beginning of my long adventure, which contains a lot of my own written music.

Bluebeard or "The wizard of Rigel" is a new section of my epic.
    I decided to revive my old story and add new material to it! The coda of my "Dance of Death" ends like a late nineteen-century ballet in the old style.
    I had some ruff sounds in the beginning, so I felt like ending it with a quiet Bachian chorale instead of adding more Belzebub, lol! I know it's sadistic of me to have a happy ending after invoking the devil! But Rigel is a sadist, lol!

Fred

I would love to read the entire story. Do You have it online somewhere?

Rich

Cool Re: Bluebeard's mad dance

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I would love to read the entire story. Do You have it online somewhere?
    Here is the story, Rich! Music uploaded now, available in the text of "Spiders of Quasar.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Quasar Planet

Here is today's science fiction adventure for orchestra!
    (Originally posted on YC forum 2007. These are the first two chapters of sixty, created with GPO.)

Part 1. (Diary from Quasar, Anno 2084).

Story: "After our starship crashlanded on this cursed planet we were attacked by the giant

"SPIDERS OF QUASAR"

I managed to leave the spaceship before the attack thanks to my monkey Bongo who alerted me with his screaming.
    He must have heard those strange vibrations much earlier than anyone else.
    I managed to bring the atomic handgun and food with me that would keep me alive for at least one week.
    The spider attack came suddenly and men where screaming.
    I watched the massacre from the top of one of the highest trees, Bongo looked at me with his sad eyes.
    This was the end of our journey...!"

Later at night... I dreamt of my only true love. Why am I here, on this damned planet?

Dreamsequence...."She has her blond hair tied up with a blue ribbon. Her name is Harriet!
    Sometimes she would joke that she is Mata Hari. She is strange girl... but so beautiful!"

Bongo was my only companion friend now.... I fell asleep again.
    God was watching over me that night. I was the only one who had survived.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    read review by MICHAEL.A.WIKTOR. (from 2007 on YC forum.)
    (Spiders of Quasar);

The "brass" sounds the alert by declaring the horror that has erupted!

The heavy downward steps of the "bass" slothfully walk hand in hand with the hopeless mutterings of "horns" and "winds".

The quick and successful escape by our hero is counter balanced by the outpour of despair for their fellow slaughtered comrades.

"A quick romantic gesture by the "strings" begins to sigh with gratitude for still being alive. But a heavy burden weighs him down.
    The unknown landscape and the eight legged creatures "chromatically" remind him of the difficulty that may lie ahead for our alien hero and banana eating friend."
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Part 2. Only you and me

"Only you and me left now," I said to Bongo, feeling terrible and
    empty inside. "I had to investigate the condition of the starship.
    Then I suddenly remembered what our captain had mumbled right before we were
    sucked into the planet's unpredictable magnetic field.
    Captain Herman showed us the strange Cryptographic algorithms who had appeared on his monitor."

I then went up on the upper deck of the spacecraft to search for food and found a yellow box with the inscription:
    "Open only in case of emergency".
    I opened it and found an old VCR together with some white chocolate bars.
    At the bottom was a full bottle of Jack Daniels. I suddenly felt much bolder.
    I took out the black VCR while Bongo was playing with a red plastic telephone pretending he was calling home...!

I laughed and threw him another banana, lit one of my last Havana cigars and pressed the play button of the VCR.
    I then poured myself half a glass of Jack Daniels and leaned my head on the cockpit chair.
    That felt good! For a moment time stood still.
    We listened to the smooth harmonies and the muted trumpet, the music sounded almost like John Barry at times.
    It was some kind of odd muzak jazz from planet Earth. The music brought back strength in me again.
    I didn't want to think about what was going to happen to us right at that moment.
    I fell asleep again and went into another melancholic dream.

Old VCR tape from planet Earth.

Last edited by Fredrik; 10-29-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: jpg fixing!

Thanks, I'll give it a read and a listen.

Rich

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast